Chapter 18

Copyright 2013

All Rights Reserved

Chapter 18

Rose's head ache had eased off slightly by morning, but the deep gash upon her head still throbbed and itched, were it was beginning to heal. Her wrist was not so sore, so long as she did not move it as much, within its tight strapping's. Scanning the chamber, Rose was alone, except for Fang. Panic coursing through her and she quickly dived out of the cot. Fang was still sat before the dying fire, on seeing Rose getting up and the panic upon her face, he jumped to his feet and rushed to her side.

"Lady Rose, you should not be out of bed, you need your rest." Fang spoke worried, taking a hold of her gently, just in case she fell and tried to guide her back towards her cot.

"Where is Shadow?" Rose tried to push past Fang, with no great success.

"He will be back shortly; Shadow has accepted to become the alpha he was born to become." Fang replied; Rose stopped her fighting to listen. "Veronica and Zalborgar have gone down with Shadow, to speak with the other pack leaders about his decision. I'm certain with no doubt; they will all agree that he is doing the right thing for himself and for our people. You have no need to worry; the real reasons for Shadow's decisions will be kept discreet."

"He listened to me!" Rose said more to herself, the fight within subsiding.

"Yes, he did. Shadow stayed awake the entire night watching over you while you slept. I am that guessing during that time, he thought through the words you had spoken to him." Fang tried to redirect Rose back to her cot again.

"I need to dress!" Rose said suddenly, breaking away from Fang and hurrying into her private side chamber, out of view.

Fang let lady Rose go. Shadow had already pre-warned him, that if she was to awaken, it was more than likely that she would try and leave the chamber, to seek him out. Insisting to Fang, that he would only be a couple of minutes; Fang hoped that Shadow would hurry, as he began pacing the main chamber. Shadow returned alone, Fang glanced up pointing directly at Rose's private side chamber, as he entered the main chamber glancing around. Walking straight to Rose's private side chamber, Shadow knocked gently upon the door, before pushing it slowly open.

Rose was stood within a long sleeved, silvery dress; her hair hung loosely falling in waves down her back, stopping closely to her waist. As Shadow's eyes ran down Rose's back and stopped at her waist, her bump could clearly be seen within the tight free flowing dresses material. Turning her head and seeing that it was Shadow and not Fang that had entered her private side chamber, she throw herself into his arms. Shadow could not help but let a small laugh escape him, from Rose's over emotional embrace; but he held her gently against his chest anyway, being carefully not to hurt her.

"What is all this in aid of?" Shadow brushed Rose's hair out of his way, so he could see her face more clearly. From the expression she gave him and from her thoughts and emotions, Shadow knew she had thought he had gone and left her again. "Oh, Rose, I meant every word I said last night. I cannot survive without you, I'm not going anywhere and if I did, it would not be without the both of you."

Rose held tightly onto Shadow, even though his words were the truth, she could not bring her heart to believe them. She was too afraid that he was just going to vanish.

"Come on, let us go and have breakfast with Fang." Shadow turned Rose and led her back to the main chamber and through into the smaller dining chamber.

Letting Shadow lead the way, the only thing Rose wanted to do, was to hold onto him and to never to let go. Keeping her arm's tightly around one of his; to the best of her ability, due to her wrists splint. Shadow had to pries her fingers away, just to get Rose to sit down. Fang was already helping himself to the breakfast set out before them, but he could not help watching Shadow and Rose out of the corner of his eye, intrigued by his cousins love for this woman. Fang had never thought he would see the day, were Shadow would fall in love and settle. Yet here before him, he could see it for himself how much they belong together, how much they loved each other. Shadow loved Rose deeply, Fang could see that in the way he spoke to her, in the way he touched her with care and gentleness. Yet Fang noticed there was something else, something that saddened him greatly. Every time Shadow's eyes would brush over or lock upon Rose, they showed a great sorrow, a hidden guilt and sadness for what he had done to her.