Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Demitria ran away into the woods. I looked at Rode. He was on the ground.

“No, no, no.” I said running to him. “Rode, please don’t leave me, please.”

“I love you.” He said. “You have to win.”

“No! Rode, No!” I said, my tears were dripping all over him. “I love you.”

He smiled at me and closed his eyes. I was shocked.

“NO! Rode. No!” I said shaking him, thinking that he had fallen asleep. He’ll wake up, He will. I just kept thinking that. Then I realized he was dead. He wouldn’t wake up.

I started crying so hard you could hear me from all the way across the arena. I would have to be quiet or someone would find me. I just didn’t want him to die.

I had to get my stuff and leave this place. It reminded me too much of him. I ran into the bush and got my book bag. I left.

I kept crying. I couldn’t stop. I loved him. I heard the canon. I dropped to the floor.

“No, no, no.” I kept saying on the floor. I need this to be over with. I need to go home to the comfort of the families. The first thing I would do was go to his family. They were going through the same thing I was.

“I’m so sorry, Rode’s family. He never told me anything about you, but you made a really nice son and brother. I really loved him.” I said, hoping that the family was watching.

I could almost hear the cries from the capitol. I watched the faces in the sky tonight. When the showed Rode I stared crying again. Today, 4 people died. There is only 6 left. This would go really fast now because their going to start bringing people together.

I fell asleep in another bush tonight. Didn’t have any bad dreams. I woke up feeling refreshed but that didn’t last long because then I heard something. I looked that way. There was a huge avalanche coming towards me. I grabbed my bag and ran.

While I was running I got out a rock, my slingshot and a knife. This was to bring us together so we could kill people and I was going to be protected. I kept running and kept running until I got to the snow field where the games started.

I saw all of the people fighting. The girl from district 10 just got attacked by the boy from District 5. The boy from District 2 was getting attacked by Demitria. The girl from district 12 was coming at me. I took out my slingshot and rock and shot her stomach. She was down and then I took my knife and went through her heart. I went immediately for the boy from district 5. Demitria ditched The boy from district 2 and went after me. I ran the other way, I didn’t want to get into anything with her yet. I would take my anger out on her later. If she is the last one ill have less of a problem killing her.

I ran into the woods fast enough for her to lose me. I hid under a bush and she ran right past me.

I killed one person so that leaves 5 left. 2 more people would probably die and that would be three. I wanted this to be over already. If there was only 3 left it would be done in no time.

I opened my bag and grabbed 2 raisins. They tasted really good. Then I drank my water. It felt good on my parched throat. I leaned my head against the tree and ended up falling asleep. I woke up in the dead of the night.

Then I allowed myself to think one thing for the future. What would it be like if I got home. Will I ever just move on from Rode and marry someone else? Yes, that is what Rode would want to happen. He would want me to be happy. Have kids of my own. I just wanted to get married to Rode one day and have kids of our own. We all knew that was impossible though, I knew that when I first laid eyes on him.

I was miserable. Ill admit it. I really was. I was tired. It was like I was trying to make myself upset, thinking about these things.

I was tired. Panem’s song came on so I ran outside to see who died today. One more person died then I had calculated! Only Demitria and I were left!