✬♧6♧✬The art of deduction (Sherlock crossover)

"I'll miss you, Rosa. Do inform us if you come back to New York and we'll gladly have you visit." Natasha said as she hugged Rosa one last time.

"I'll miss you too Natasha, Clint too. I wish you both a blissful life." Rosa said with a warm smile and boarded the taxi, waving as it drove away.

Natasha sighed, and Clint wrapped an arm round her. She couldn't deny that she was sad to see one of her closest kin (she had long considered Rosa and Jerome as part of her family) leave, and who knew when she would see her again.

A few moments later, Clint turned Natasha around to face him and lifted her chin with a finger.

"Cheer up, Sweetheart. We'll see Rosa again soon. And I heard Fury has some guests over today, shall we head down to base and hopefully be in time to meet them?"

Natasha nodded and Clint slid a hand down her arm and grasped her hand firmly in his, leading her back into the house to change and get ready.

---------------------------------------------

Meanwhile at S.H.I.E.L.D base, two men with a very visible height difference, and peculiar mannerisms had just exited Director Fury's office.

"He's annoying." The tall one with curly  jet black hair muttered in a low voice laced with sophisticated accent.

"Sherlock, you are not gonna pickpocket the Director on S.H.I.E.L.D grounds." The short one with short ash brown hair styled to look boyish warned.

"But John, I already did." Sherlock answered with his usual poker face and monotone voice, holding up Director Fury's S.H.I.E.L.D ID.

John face palmed himself, then hurriedly snatched the ID from Sherlock's hand and hid it behind his back when he saw Clint and Natasha approach, casually guessing who the guests were.

"Oh my! Mr Holmes! Dr Watson! It's such an honor to meet you both! I'm a huge fan of your blogs!" Natasha burst out excitedly, literally fangirling over the two British men.

Sherlock being his usual self, smiled patronisingly, head held high and not even looking at Natasha and Clint.

"I would love to hear about the art of deduction from the master himself..." Natasha began sheepishly.

John elbowed Sherlock.

"Don't be rude, Sherlock," then lowering his voice to a whisper, "We're in America, remember that. We can't afford to offend anyone here, they won't be as accommodating as it is back at home just because you're a famous detective."

Sherlock smiled, one of the rarities of the century.

"Of course, Ms Romanoff, or shall I say Mrs Barton," Sherlock looked smugly at Clint, then continued, "It would be my utmost pleasure to impart some of my knowledge to you, after all, I am a gentleman." Sherlock gave John a knowing side glance.

Natasha squealed in delight.

"How did he know about us?" Clint whispered to his wife, confused as they clearly weren't wearing their wedding rings. They decided they didn't want their married status to interfere with their work and any fuss over last names.

"He's Sherlock Holmes." Natasha replied with much adoration as if that answered the question.

"Well Mr Barton, if you'd like to know how I can see it so clearly - both of you have your wedding band indents on your ring fingers." Sherlock explained, overhearing Clint, as if that was the most normal observation anyone would make.