Can I have this dance?

I feel excited that I forgot I still have to deal with telling Chris that I've found a better talent. And so for formality, I talked to Chris in person. I sighed when he said it's very okay because he is also having trouble dividing his time with me and his dance group, the Pachuychuy, which is also going to compete for a Pop Dance Contest during the same Convention.

This is going to be my first time dancing jazz. I just love the routine so much. Unluckily, I was not chosen to be one of the dancers of the said routine since I was still a pop dancer, not jazz, but now? I can't imagine dancing it duo.

(If anyone wants to see a video of 'Scared of Me' Jazz routine, feel free to message me and I'll send you a link 😊)

Jay-r doesn't know what I am planning. I still have to ask permission to Gerard so that I can legally use his routine for my talent and then give Jay-r a notice afterwards.

I approached Gerard. Jay-r is here, too. I'm expecting just a yes or a no from him but when I told the both of them what I am planning, he said, "Why not make a new routine, chel?"
"Huh? Are you sure, kuya? I don't think we have enough time. Plus I'm not even sure if I could do the dance myself," I replied.
"Trust me. I could choreograph you a dance", he answered.

But.. But.. My mind protests. I can see the eagerness in Gerard's eyes and I think it's an enough reason for me to trust his words. And to trust my capabilities, as well. Jay-r also agreed on Gerard's idea. I bet these people do not realize that they have just entered a struggle.
************

The practice starts today, February 10. I am here at the PE Hall. It is exactly after the 6 pm prayer when Jay-r arrived. Gerard, by the way, is now a PE instructor, so he has his table inside the PE faculty, inside the PE Hall. As I watch him walking towards me, I feel pressured simply because I am going to work with a big person, and by big I mean since he is a Dance Master/ Instructor/ one of the best choreographer in town. I adore him a lot.

"Chel, Jay-r, warm up," he told us.
Jay-r went at the center and then started stretching. "Chel!" he called me.
"Yes?" Oh. He called me. "Yes."
I went right beside Jay-r and followed him.

After warming up, we're ready.

Nope

Kidding

I'm not ready yet.

Like, I'm serious.

Really. 😵

And the rehearsal starts.

There are lots of stunts and liftings. I'm quite heavy. I'm just thankful that Jay-r is strong, really strong. The first move is when Jay-r touches my hand, puts it around his neck and carries me turning 360 degrees. As I got closer to him is the time I realized that he's handsome as a man. He was not like this when we were still in high school. He was an obvious gay. But As I look closer now, if I don't know that he's gay I might be fooled. I blush every time our faces get closer. I'm not used to this kind of closeness especially with the opposite sex. And he is just so damn handsome.

And then, when we are almost done with the routine, Gerard pauses and says, "It's finished." I wonder because the song has not yet ended but I erase my thoughts because I'm pretty tired already.

Yeaaah, finally. I relaxed and then internalized things. During the practice, my co-dancers were watching us. I'm the only newbie in this team and I feel pressured. I'm so wet with Jay-r's sweat. Yes, with his sweat because we did a lot of body touching. I wonder if my body can seduce him hehe 😏

We all went home and we're going to polish the routine tomorrow, according to Gerard. Yes, I badly need some polishing. But Gerard lighten my mood a little bit when he said I did pretty well and I could possibly be a contemporary dancer soon."For a first timer, you exceed my expectations," Gerard's last words tonight. Encouraging, I have to say.

Outside the school, I was shocked when Jay-r grabbed my hand and hugged me with a friendly embrace saying, "Bye Partner! Practice tomorrow. Try not eat too much on dinner hehe"
"Shut up!" I said joking. I hugged him back and I felt the abs with my tummy. Goodness, abs TT_TT I'm not used to this. Well, this is kind of the first time I hugged my partner. Oh and he just called me 'partner'. I'm honored 😌
I gestured my goodbyes to the both of them and went home tired but happy.