Azumane Asahi [1/3]

As requested by Mabel428 ! Enjoy reading!

*In the background* MY FIRST EVER REQUEST. IM SO HAPPY *Starts throwing confetti all over*

••••••••••

You remember the day you met Asahi Azume crystal clear, as if it was stitched into your mind. It had been the first week of December and the snow was falling softly from the sky as you walked to school that day, your scarf wrapped loosely around your neck to provide the heat that you so badly needed. Your coat had been sent to the cleaners that day because of an unfortunate accident you had with a can of paint while wearing it, leaving you no choice but to wear several layers over your school uniform and a scarf to fight off the cold.

"Good morning, [Y/N]!" you hear your childhood friend, Hinata Shoyo, greet you cheerfully as he waved at you from entrance of the school, bringing his bike as usual. "Morning, Shoyo!" you greet him, grinning as you ruffled his orange air playfully as soon as you reached him. He swatted your hand away.

"I told you not to do that, [Y/N]!" he pouted, crossing his arms. "It makes me feel short."

You laughed at the last line and ruffled his hair even more, just to poke a little fun at him. "You already are," you tease him, sticking you tongue out.

"Shu- shut up!"

You continue to tease Shoyo as the both of you walked in the busy hallways towards the classroom you both belonged to. Just as you were about to step into the room, a nervous voice called out to you and a hand grabbed your shoulder, making you turn around.

"Yes–" you say kindly and immediately stopped short as you took in the appearance of the owner of the voice. He seemed to be standing at six feet tall, towering over your short figure like a giant, making you widen your eyes. His hair was tied into a messy bun and he had a little stubble on his chin, giving him the appearance of a young gangster. You gulped.

"H- how can I help you, sen- senpai?" you stutter nervously, cowering under his gaze. Your hand slowly reached out for the pepper-spray your mother had always nagged at you to bring and for the first time, you were thankful that she had yelled at you that very morning to place it in your school bag.

"Um..." just as he was about to open his mouth to speak, you panicked and immediately started to ramble, eyes wide with fear and hands trembling.

"I'm– I'm so sorry for whatever I may have done to inconvenience you! I'll give you everything I have, just please don't take my life! I'll never bother you again or speak to you or even breathe the same air as you! I'm still young and have a life full ahead of me so I beg of you... please don't let me die!" you apologized over and over again for what you may have done to him either by accident or on purpose, even if you had never seen that senpai before. When you had finally finished rambling, you ran into your classroom and shut the door behind you, breathing heavily.

"[F/N]?" Shoyo called out to you, furrowing his brow. "Are you alright?"

Taking a peek at the windows that gave a clear view of the hallway, you gave a relieved sigh when you had seen that it was clear of any gangster students or men with guns.

"Yeah. I won't be dying today."

Shoyo just gave you a confused look as you marched back to your seat, thankful that that day was not to be your last.