Kei Tsukishima [3/4]

Yo, people! How are you guys?

Anyways, here I am, back from another long period of inactivity! Yayyyyy! *throws confetti*
Thank you so much for waiting for this long-overdue update! Things have been pretty hectic lately and I don't have unlimited wifi sooooo.... Yeah.

Hope you guys enjoy this new chapter and I hope that this makes your heart ache! (even just a little?)

Chapter Dedicated to: Nalu28610

----------

You stared at the slightly crumpled note you held in your hand, the backpack which you had readied for the long trip you were about to take slung carelessly on your shoulder. The note, you had decided a little while ago, was bright yellow and the words hastily scribbled on the used-to-be empty space were (probably) readable enough. Although it was meant to be only a draft, your mother had called out to you to hurry up and you had no choice but to use it, hoping that a certain blonde would be able to read your writing.

It was the last note you were going to give him, after all.

Just as you were about to tape the brightly colored note on the locker, the sound of shoes squeaking against the concrete floor made you look instinctively at the hallway which, you thought, was supposed to be empty by now. A familiar pair of honey-colored eyes met yours, a lazy arch on his eyebrows as Tsukishima greeted you with a flick on your forehead. "Oi, shrimp. What are you doing here?" he asked you as you moved your gaze away and focused it instead on his white volleyball shoes. "Nothing," you replied, forcing a playful smile on your lips when you lifted your head up at him again. "Just trying to see if a certain someone loves volleyball more than what is believed to be."

He rolled his eyes at you as he pulled open his locker, retrieving his shoes. "I just forgot something, that's all," he told you nonchalantly and closed the metal door firmly. "Yeah, right," you snorted at his lame cover-up. "Don't tell me you also forgot to take off your volleyball shoes after practicing, too?"

[A/N: Ooooh snap. Somebody call the police department because shots have been fired. I repeat, shots have been fired.]

Tsukishima [like the frustrating(ly cute) tsundere he is,] rolled his eyes again. "Why are you really here, [Y/N]?" he sighed and wiped the sweat from his face using the towel that was slung on his shoulder. "Go home already."

You narrowed your eyes at him. Why am I best friends with this idiot again?

"Hmmm..." you pretended to ponder about it, crossing your arms. "Nah."

"Hmmm..." he mocked you, crossing his arms. "Nah."

You slapped the back of his head with restrained force, keeping back the feeling of wanting to gouge the volleyball player's eyes out. "Stop following me."

"Stop following me," he repeated in a high-pitched tone, too far from accurately imitating your own voice and probably done just to annoy you even more.

"Shut up, Kei."

"Shut up, Kei."

You threw your hands up, resigned. "You know what? Whatever."

Taking an angry step closer to the smirking blonde, you stuck the note to his forehead with all the force you could muster, earning a wince and a glare that followed shortly after. "Enjoy this note because that's all you're going to get."

You huffed and turned away from his confused stares, angrily walking out of the double doors as you caught sight of your mother's waiting car.

Tsukishima stared confusedly at the (slightly) damp note and read the first few lines. Realization finally dawned on him and he began to run after you, the towel falling from his shoulder as he struggled to reach you before the car would leave, disappearing into the blackness of the night forever. "[Y/N], wait!" he called out, just as you were about to get in the car. "Where are you going?"

When you turned around to meet his gaze, all signs of anger and annoyance left you as you were enveloped in a tight hug, a little sweaty but comforting, nonetheless. "I− I'm leaving, Tsukki," you murmured into his jersey, your words wavering at each syllable. Silence followed shortly after the words left your mouth and you slowly broke away from his hug.

"Don't."

His words were strong and firm, rooting you into place as you stared in shock at his determined expression. He seemed so out-of-character, suddenly pulling you into a hug and letting emotions besides annoyance and smugness cross his features. He normally was nonchalant about things and never seemed interested in anything else besides poking fun into others. Seeing this side of Tsukishima, you felt yourself melt a little and start to regret your decision, even if just a little bit. Biting your lip, you took a glance at your waiting mother, imagining her living without anyone to be there for her or care for her. You were torn between staying with your best friend or going with your mother and it was all you could do to not run away from all of that and just be alone and at peace, even for a few moments.

No matter how much you wanted to stay, you knew that it would never feel right, living without the woman who had raised you and stayed by your side no matter how much sacrifices she had to make. Your lip quivering, you opened your mouth to speak, your next words shattering Kei's heart.

"I'm sorry, Tsukki."

And as soon as they had left your mouth, you got into the car and left, tears running down your face as you stared as your brokenhearted best friend disappeared from your vision as you turned into a corner and drove away.

I'm sorry.

----------

Ughhhh I'm sorry if that was bad with a capital 'B'.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this (short) chapter!

Vote if you think this chapter deserves it and comment what you think!

Byeeee guys!

P.S. Oml thank you so much for the 140 plus followers! Ily guys so much XD