Narcissism At It's Finest

Chapter One

This is a story about an out going but enigmatic girl who has nice elbows, ADHD, photophobia and is super bored. One day she decides to start a Dream Journal, she'd pull her journal out from under her pillow every morning and write down everything she recalls from her last dream. After several weeks her dream recall improves significantly, she remembers her dreams as if they were actual memories, deep and vivid. Then one night, she becomes aware that she's dreaming, successfully inducing a lucid dream.

At first she's excited, having read about lucid dreaming one drunk night she immediately attempts to do the first thing anyone would try, to fly! She begins soaring through the air, heart pounding against her chest then next thing she knows, she's awake. She tries again the night after, this time ensuring she doesn't get overwhelmed with excitement. First she manipulates the dreamscape, creating rivers and forests teeming with wildlife, massive mountains, thrusting spires of rock into the sky so high you'd believe the very heavens were pierced. She is absolutely breath-taken at every sight and sound in the dream, everything around her is so strikingly new and enthralling.

Night after night she enters this whole new world she's discovered, one where the only thing that limits you is your imagination. She realizes the potential of lucid dreaming, being able to face your fears be it height or a hundred Charlies, inspiration for new artistic masterpieces, playing with your favorite bands or just plain ahem c;

A hundred lucid dreams later, she tries something new. She summons her "Dream Guide", her subconscious mind taking on a physical manifestation. She expects it to look like her but instead it takes on the form of a boy, and one with cute squishy cheeks, big dorky glasses, tiny feet, a desire to break fingers and a weird fetish to smell the dreamer's scent. She allows her Dream Guide to take control of the dreamscape, tap into her subconscious mind and surprise her. Together they go on mystical, gay ass adventures drawing closer to each other, with her viewing everything with wide eyes and astonishment.

In a place where the impossible happens, weird crap is bound to happen so thanks to the many adrenaline filled adventures the two have shared, our protagonist develops feelings for her Dream Guide. He notices her lingering stares, the way she smiles like an idiot every time he looks in her direction and the obvious magical butterflies flying out of her tummy, but he doesn't say a word fearing he'd risk the joy they've created together. She knows how he feels butt isn't sure if it's genuine or only feelings fabricated by her mind.

Soon enough her Dream Guide musters up enough courage for a heart-felt confession, possibly fabricated as well. He sits down next to her, eyes burning with the soft cuddly flame of love. He reaches for her hands and leans in closer, as their fingers intertwine, their differing interpretations of reality collide causing the dreamscape to form grand and magnificent floating islands with glass skywalks and meteor showers accompanied by unicorns and Donald Trump. As the cloud mist lifted, gradually came the dazzling patches of light from the moon and stars.

The moment was euphoric, they leaned closer feeling their breaths on one another but then she wakes up from excitement thanks to her raging hormones, "not again!" she cried. Right after realizing she woke up in a hospital, a nurse walks in and tells her she's been in a coma for three seconds. She is later discharged and bumps into her dream guide on an impromptu trip to Miri where they began to develop the most genuine love they've ever had for anyone! What a life they would've missed hmm.