Chapter 1

"Dawnpaw! Wake up!" Meowed her brother, Dustpaw, as he prodded her with one paw. "What?" Dawnpaw asked, a little crabby from her dream.

Dustpaw looked hurt. "Sunsky wants you for the dawn patrol." "Ok. Sorry about snapping at you, I just had a bad dream." She then got out of her nest, and on the way out, Dustpaw almost nipped her.

"Hey!" She hissed, "I said I was sorry!" Then she saw the scrap of clover in his teeth, and her brother's smirking face, and grudgingly apologized.

"Dawnpaw!" Sunsky meowed from outside the den. "Sorry! Coming!" She mewed, embarrassed. She quickly padded out of the den and saw Sunsky and Foxclaw waiting out in the clearing.

Dustpaw brushed past her and went to stand beside his mentor. She let out a playful hiss at him as he passed. "Alright, we are patrolling the OakClan border. So let's go." Said Foxclaw before the littermates could get into a play fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were walking along the border, almost done the patrol, and Dawnpaw's pad hurt. She had trod on a sharp stone and cut it. She hadn't told the rest of the patrol because she had thought it wouldn't matter.

She was wrong. It hurt like crazy. But it was to late to turn back now. It would take just as long to walk back to camp from here as it would to finish the patrol and then walk back.

"Alright, let's catch some prey before we head back." Said Sunsky. Great! Thought Dawnpaw, annoyed. Oh well, I'll just catch something and say I cut my pad when I pounced.

"I'll hunt near the StreamClan border. Said Dawnpaw. She knew it was stony by the stream, so that would be the perfect excuse. "I'll come with you" Sunsky mewed, and padded up to Dawnpaw. "Ok" Dawnpaw mewed, kinda annoyed. She had wanted to hunt by herself. Oh well.

They padded over to the river that was the border. Dawnpaw opened her mouth to taste the air for scent. She soon picked up the scent of water vole. She pinpointed the location of the prey, and started stalking it. She pounced on it, but it ran right out from under her paws.

"Mouse dung!" Dawnpaw hissed, annoyed. "What's wrong?" Sunsky called, a mouse in her mouth. Even more annoyed now, Dawnpaw replied, "I missed a water vole." She was now determined to catch something, forgetting about her pad.

She scented the air again, and caught the scent of a sparrow, but it was stale. She looked for a bit longer and then found the fresh scent of a thrush.

She stalked a little ways into the woods, where the thrush was. She pounced and caught it by the wing, and made a very messy kill.

"That wasn't my best kill" Dawnpaw thought. "Well, prey's prey!" She picked up her catch and padded back to Sunsky, just remembering to limp as she padded out of the trees.

"Sunsky, I cut my pad on a sharp stone, I'm gonna head back to camp, ok?" "Ok" Sunsky called, looking up from something on the ground.

"What are you doing?" Dawnpaw asked, confused. She looked over her shoulder and saw a half eaten mouse. "Sunsky!" Dawnpaw mewed, appalled. "That's against the Warrior code!"

"Dawnpaw, if you tell anyone, you will be searching the elders for ticks for a moon! And I'll delay your warrior ceremony."

"O-Ok." She said, and ran back to camp.

N/A what will Dawnpaw do????? Will she tell or not????