Chapter 2

Dawnpaw ran through the forest, wondering what to do. She couldn't tell, could she? She really wanted to be a warrior, and taking care of the elders wasn't exactly fun. Especially Rockclaw.

She stopped short when she almost ran into Foxclaw. "Hi Foxclaw!" She said, and he whipped his head around. "Oh, hi Dawnpaw." He said when he saw who it was.

"Foxclaw, Sunsky is eating prey on a hunting trip." She mewed before she realized what she was saying.

"What? If you tell, your changing clover from all the nests for a moon." He hissed in her ear, defending his mate.

"O-Ok." She said, then pelted off, heading to camp again. Now what would she do? She could still tell, but what if Petalstar didn't believe her?

Dawnpaw saw Eaglepaw, Mintpaw and Swiftpaw running around talking excitedly to cats. Mintpaw ran up to her and meowed "Me, Swiftpaw and Eaglepaw are having our warrior ceremony today!" Then she ran off.

"Congratulations!" She hollered after her, though she knew she probably couldn't hear. "Let all cats old enough to catch there own prey gather beneath the Highbranch for a clan meeting!" Petalstar yowled from atop the Highbranch.

"Today is a good day for CloverClan." Petalstar said, smiling. "Today we make three new warriors! StarClan, I ask you to look upon these apprentices. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code. Bless them, that they may pass on that knowledge for many generations to come. Mintpaw, step forward."

Mintpaw almost ran over, but she controlled herself just enough to appear calm. "Mintpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and protect your clan mates equally, even at the cost of your life?" "I do," she said, confident and nervous at the same time.

"Then, by the power of StanClan, I give you your warrior name. Mintpaw is no more, this apprentice is now known as Mintleaf. StarClan honours your quick thinking and compassion and welcomes you as a full warrior of CloverClan."

(n/a They have a different ceremony)

"Mintleaf, Mintleaf!" The clan yowled her new name.

Then, Eaglepaw became Eaglefeather, and Swiftpaw became Swift-tail. After the ceremony was over, cats were congratulating the new warriors.

After giving her congratulations, she remembered her paw and went to see Dandelioneye.

"Stupid furball, why did you wait till now to come get it seen to?" Violetfoot scolded.

After she got that treated, she went to talk to Petalstar. She had decided to tell about the prey eating. She just hoped that she would believe her.

"Petalstar?" She asked from the edge of her den. "Come in Dawnpaw." The leader said. "I um, I saw Sunsky eating prey on a hunting trip." She mewed, hesitant.

"Good job Dawnpaw. That was an assessment. It is a tradition that no kit is told, and no cat speaks of." She said, smiling at the golden apprentice. "Now, you must not speak of it again," she said, staring into her green eyes. "Not even to Dustpaw, for his is in a quarter moon. Goodbye Dawnpaw."

"Goodbye Petalstar. Thank you." Dawnpaw said, smiling gratefully.

N/A I didnt know how to continue this chapter. the next one will be in Dustpaw's POV.