4.00

"We do not fear the unknown. We fear what we think we know about the unknown."
- Teal Swan

Nice's wooden roof was taken away, the soft carpet stripped from beneath her, and all she was left with was white. It made her sick, made her feel claustrophobic, but she didn't allow it to show.

She didn't move once she had been shoved into her little jail cell, instead finding a spot in the center of the floor and laying there, becoming one with the chill that the floor had because, if she was being completely honest, she felt cold to the bone, scared of anything that could happen to her. It was an odd feeling that felt different as it laid heavily on her mind.

How long had it been since she had last been scared? Since she had allowed herself to feel that emotion? Usually, she would have an answer for every question but this time, her mind was only drawing a blank. Nice didn't really dwell on thoughts like that after her time on the farm... Well, now it seemed that all she had was time to reside in her thinkings.

So that's how she spent her time, disconnecting herself from the rest of the world and reflecting. She speculated on everything that had happened to her and everything that would happen to her, thinking her past, present, and her future. Nice thought of the people that she encountered, thought of Elmo in all his moment within her life, his living and his dying. Nice felt regret for all the things that she had never done and at everything that she did do, wanting more out of life but grieving what she did take from it.

She had passed through ninety-three thoughts, all becoming more bittersweet than the last, before the door to her cell opened. Nice didn't have open her eyes to see who it is, his gate simply identified him. "Get up," Six commanded, stopping right next to where her hair started to spread out so that he didn't step on it, "now."

He may have sounded harsh to others, but to her, she could read right through him. He was apologetic about what he was doing to her, despite attitude towards his job, and that alone caused her to open her eyes, peering into his shade-covered eyes. Nice could see his eyes through them, see the telling fervor within them. I'm sorry is what he was saying.

"I forgive you," she spoke up to him before finally pulling her body off of the ground, ignoring his outstretched hand. She didn't bother to see if he was shocked or not, her reputation didn't exactly leave merciful as a characteristic to describe her, but from his general approach to the situation, his status of being the number six most dangerous man globally, Nice decided that she needed to move on from absent anger, "but this is the only time."

Six cleared his throat, a sign that he had been caught off guard, before he gestured over to a group of guards - six, ironically. "Follow me." The guards flocked around her, two behind, two on either side of her, and Six in front of her leading the way. Nice almost wanted to chuckle at how much effort they were putting into this but she was rather tense about how apprehensive they could be about her.

The walk didn't take very long, about three hundred thirty seconds, before they were before a wall. At least, that's what it would look like to others. Nice could see the thin, very thin, line that identified where the door ended and the wall started. Six had bent forward, a light coming out and scanning his eye, and then there was a hiss of air, the door being pushed back enough for the man in the green suit to just nudge it open. He nodded his head at the guards, who nodded back, before he took out his sword, pointing it at her.

"I guess its time to go in," she remarked, pointing at the door with her linked together hand, "right?"

He didn't say anything to her, instead giving her tilt of his head. He wasn't putting up with her antics. Narrowing her eyes, Nice thought about what could have changed with Six, he seemed to be much more patient than what she had heard, but she decided to tuck those thoughts away, filing them into the "to-be-answered" category of her mind, and stepped into the opened door.

The room she had entered was much colder than the hallway, a shiver running down her spine at the sudden temperature change, and she resisted the urge to wrap her arms around her. Call it pride, but she resisted to show a weakness, especially since she didn't know who she was dealing with. Six, watching her for a few seconds, seemed to be satisfied with her reaction, placing his hand on the door and causing it to automatically close with the contact.

Nice spun on her heel when she heard the low creak of the door pulling itself back into place, taking with it the small sliver of light that had entered through the hallway. "Wait no," her words of panic escaped her mouth without her wanting too, a result of the fear, she assumed, but it was cut off by the exit creaking close, leaving her alone in the darkness.

Finally alone, Nice layered her arms over each other, exhaling a breathe she didn't know she was holding and paused. She really couldn't see anything. So many thoughts entered her mind, stories about how encasement made it easy for poisons and toxins to be spread and it caused her to shiver once again, more in fear than for the chill.

"Subject nine-five-eight," a man's voice crackled out, light flashing onto the wall in front of her and she turned once more, looking upon the brightly lit screen that made her eyes hurt once her attention was gathered on it, "we meet again."

The man in front of her hadn't changed at all since she had seen him on the commercial advocating Tiny Soldiers, the program that she had been enrolled in. He still had the same ashy white hair that she had dyed black, the same pale skin from forever being contained from the outside world and the same frown lines that she assumed he had gotten from always being dissatisfied with the world.

"White Knight," she greeted, dipping her head at him and dripping her arms down, "it truly has been a long time."