Chapter 7

The Lounge was empty. No Shayna, no Liam. No mean girls. Caroline sighed with relief and sat on the sofa, putting her feet up on the coffee table and leaning her head back to look up at the ceiling. She watched the patterns and shadows the flickering of the fireplace caused to dance on the wooden beams. Silence was around her. She remembered that tomorrow she left to go home, and she would be back where none of these mean girls could hurt her. I’m way too old for this shit.

            The sound of footsteps approaching reached Caroline’s ears. She hoped it was just someone passing through, that no one would bother her. She finally felt relaxed and at peace, totally over the drama. But much to her dismay, her bad day was about to get a whole lot worse.

“Oh hey Grandma! This retreat too much for your old bones to handle? Or can you just not breathe because you have to much fat suffocating your lungs?” A catty snickering voice called out to Caroline. As she began to laugh another female began to laugh along with her. They sounded like Harpies screeching, waiting to go in for the kill.

            Caroline raised her head looking away from the ceiling and into the face of the girl that seemed so much to despise her without even knowing her. Did she follow her into the Lounge? Why did she hate her so much? And dammit, she was not that old!!

            Kathy Kouture stood about five feet away, her hands on her slim hips and a taunting smirk across her pretty face. Caroline wondered how someone so pretty could be so incredibly ugly at the same time. Kathy was tall and slim, with big fake breasts and a yoga aficionado’s ass. Her hair was layered and feathered around her face, black as night with blood red highlights. The girl that stood with her was inches shorter, but had the same body type. Her hair was blonde beach waves that fell all the way to her butt. She was just as pretty as Kathy, and just as mean. She was also her sidekick, and she went by the name of Ashley Amber.

            Caroline just looked at the girls with her mouth hanging open. She had no idea what to say, she didn’t have the energy to even stand up for herself against these two Succubi. The more upset Caroline got, the stronger they would get, until they wore her down to just bones and skin and her soul in their possession.

“What, you have nothing to say? You don’t belong here fatty. Why don’t you just run home? And take your big tittied chunky friend with you. WE are the type of girls those boys should be running with, not you two freaks.” Kathy sneered, and then laughed. Ashley Amber laughed right along with her as if she was being flashed cue cards.

“Listen, I don’t know what your issue is with me. I just came here to have fun with my friends. I’m not ‘running’ with those boys. They are just good friends of mine. I have a fiancé at home.” It was all Caroline could think to say.

“Whatever bitch. Everyone heard about you and Liam Payne in this lounge earlier. You don’t deserve his attention. You are so not worthy of it. His girlfriend is so much prettier than you. That’s why SHE is his girlfriend. Leave the guy alone. If he’s going to be naughty, it’s going to be with me.” Damn Kathy with her fast mouth and black demon eyes.

“Yeah!! With her!!!” Amber chimed, giggling uncontrollably.

“I’m not…I’m not trying to get with anyone. Why are you doing this?” Caroline pleaded. She knew she had fight in her, she was a pretty tough chick, but today had been emotionally draining enough and she didn’t have it in her.

            Kathy and Amber started throwing insults at her in-between laughs. They lifted up their shirts and taunted Caroline with their flat stomachs. They pushed out their breasts and slapped their asses saying things like “you wish you looked like this” and “this is what men want”. Caroline couldn’t hold in the tears anymore, the damn had broken and they poured down her face. She felt like a highschooler being teased by the popular girls. But she was a 27 year old woman being smacked to the ground and kicked with dirt by 21 year old girls. She was ashamed of herself for letting this happen to her, but she felt utterly helpless.