Chapter 3

(it's short. Another chapter tomorrow)

Chapter 3-

When I show Viola my dress, her actual words were "nice! I didn't think you were such a fashionista little sis."

I sigh deeply to swallow my anger and headed to the dressing room. I saw that it was a size ten and in my price range too. As I stripped down my clothes, I slowly step into it so it wouldn't rip before I buy it.

It didn't have a zip in the back so I can slip in easily. I put the second strap over my shoulder, adjusting the front a little.

I need to buy another bra for this but the dress is a perfect fit for me, not too tight or loose.

I smile to myself in the mirror, looking so good. I twirl a little but bump into the narrow wall and fall on the seat, epic fail. "Ma'am is everything ok?" the sales woman's concern voice from the other side of the door.

"I'm fine thank you," I yell back, standing on my feet to give myself another once over, brushing away any wrinkles. I hear the knob wriggle aggressively and then three knocks against the door.

"Let me see how you look Katie!" Viola's voice shrills through the door.

"Ok!" I open the door in a swift motion, my happy mood dwindling down when a flash blinds me. "What the hell?" I blink furiously, my palms immediately go to my eyes as I rub it.

"Memorabilia for how pretty you look. Plus I bet mom wants to see." My sister says, her phone was on flash and I see her finger swiping away.

"You told mom we're going?"

"She just wants to see you in a dress for once."

"I've been in dresses before. I choose not to wear it everyday." I take in her appearance, the pastel green sleeveless with a diamond bust dress compliments her skin.

"You look beautiful Viola," stepping to her

"You look beautiful Viola," stepping to her. She twirls around effortlessly, she did it way better than me.

"I know, thank you! Its not about me, it's about and making prince charming fall for you."

"But its a masquerade this time, how will I know its him the whole night?" I question, my paranoia creeping in my mind. There will be plenty of beautiful women at this ball, I could easily get lost in a sea of them. Maybe even kicked out if he doesn't pick me.

"Be classy remember?" repeating my words. She takes me to the bigger mirror and we stand side by side. "Always know you are a beautiful human. Woo him with your confidence. If he's not the one, there will be another." I grin to her, knowing that she's absolutely right.

There are times that my sister drops amazing wisdom from time to time and I love her for that. I take in a deep breathe, shaking off my nerves.

"Now let's find shoes for these awesome dresses and next week we go to the salon to get our nails done and to fix that rat's nest on top of your head." She sways away to the shoes section, i shake my head following her. And to think we were having a nice moment without her criticizing me.