Chapter 6

#400 in Chicklit! 😍😍😍 The awesome sticker on the cover made by willwrite4tacos

Chapter 6-

The ball room was even spacious and bigger than the other one as we all enter. Wide open windows, brown decor, plywood and chandeliers above us.

Beautiful music starts to play again as waiters came around handing us flutes of champagne. I sip slowly, the bubbles tickle my nose, the crisp taste touches my tongue and goes down my throat.
"That's so good," I say to myself, licking my lips to savor the taste. Where the hell is Viola?! She's missing everything and I have no idea what to expect right now.

The woman in white stands in the middle of the room, everyone quiets down for the queen.

She announces in the microphone to grab a partner to dance. I put my glass on the table, looking for any suitors to dance with.

I finally see Viola getting all cozied up with a man: strong back, tall, and brownish hair. Viola's type but I hope it's friendly flirting.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn to see a light redheaded guy holding out his hand to me, I smile and take it as he leads me to the dance floor.

He takes my waist, my hand holds his left shoulder and the music begins. Soft, slow instruments fill the room and everyone begins to dance.

My feet following his and he's a fair dancer, he steps on my foot once and an apologetic look is in his grey eyes.

I respond with a smile and we continue to sway with the music. He gives me a quick turn and I'm in the arms of another man, blonde and brown eyes.

Will I even have a chance to meet the Prince tonight? Or even dance with him? I start to look around for him but I wouldn't even know where to start.

I see him dancing with a slender woman in black, hair curled to perfection and he smiles widely at her.

Yeah I'm not getting my chance. I pay attention to my partner and we continue. Our feet moved in sync, back and forth as he give a twirl and dips me slightly.

I'm having so much fun right now but no chemistry from these guys, they barely talked. The song ended and we all applauded.

I decided to excuse myself for air, I tell my current partner that i need to use the facilities and all he does is nod. I make my way to the exit and head outside, the doorman that greeted us is still there and notices me.

I give a tiny wave, my heels clacking on the asphalt as I walk slowly. Admiring the night sky as I take my stroll, the stars twinkle brightly, it's if they are speaking to me in their own way makes me grin widely.

My head turns to the left as I feel a presence right next to me, he's looking at the sky as well.

"Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone was out here," I apologize.

"No worries, stargazing is for everyone," his deep voice responds. Taking in his appearance he wears a dark mask that matches his suit, posture straight and poised.

Light dark hair coifed, the smell of his cologne wafted through my nose, sweet and smoky, drawing me in.

I clear my throat and ask "are you having fun?"

"Not really. You know how these parties go, predictable people and predictable dances," he answers in a annoyed tone. I fix my mask, agreeing with him but said no word.

"You having fun?" he questions me.

"I am. The dancing is ok. Great food," I blurt out, not being able to think of anything else. He laughs silently, hands in his pockets as he turns his head to me.