I Despise My Mate

Hey guys! So I have so many ideas bouncing around in my head right now I can't focus on one story! So I hope hope you can bare with me and please comment to let me know which ones are worth continueing!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

An explosion. Something that tears, burns and destroys everything in sight.

That is the only way to describe how I felt when my boyfriend raped me. He made sure to be careful with my body, and later said that he didn't hurt so that I would be fine. I disagree. My mind has exploded, the shards flying throughout my body, and peircing every fiber with hurt, and betrayal.

I've heard the saying that everything happens for a reason. I guess I could say Mitch had come into my life to teach me a lesson about trust. Now I know that I can't trust anyone. Not Mitch, and most certainly not my friends. No one was there for me that night. No one answered my call for help.

I mentally called for everyone, I screamed as loud as I could. No one answered. I know they could hear me. My friends and family are a little bit different. I guest that's a nice way of putting it.

You could say that we relate alot to werewolves. A lot of the superstitious nonsense you hear is really nothing but a bunch of lies. Like switching at the full moon, or only being able to die from silver bullets. Not to brag or anything, but I do heal super-fast and if you shot me with one silver bullet it would affect me just like any other bullet.

There is one lovely tradition that got passed down through out the centuries that I'm sure you have all heard about, and it can be described with one simple word: mate.

I almost vomit at the thought of that word. If I get a mate, he'll want to touch me, he'll use my body just like Mitch. Mating is not something that can be controlled, but most of the time werewolves that mate already somewhat care for each other. But sometimes a she-wolf is mated to a violent wolf, and the pack can't do anything about it. If the she-wolf isn't strong enough to protect herself, then she deserves what she's been dealt.

That's what I think happened with me. My friends and family saw that I was being violated by a human, and were so repulsed by the fact that I was too weak to fight a human off of me, that they didn't defend me. No one even talks about it. Mitch has become a taboo topic.

Right at this moment, I am stuck at the lunch table with my paired up friends about to vomit because each and every one of them has a mate. Everyone says when you have a mate you just can't help yourself when it comes to public displays of affection. If it was just Marcie and her mate Adrian, I might be able to ignore the kissing going on in my peripheral vision, but no, I have two other couples also making out at my table. So no matter which way I look, there are two people sucking each other's faces off.

I start breathing really heavy, and the room gets dark as I try to ignore the faint scent of lust in the air. I hide my shaky hands under the table as an annoyed rumbles in my throat too low for humans to hear. But my friends can hear it. Marcie immediately pulls away from Adrian and flashes me an abashed look as her pale cheeks flush red.

"I'm sorry Raina, I just got distracted and totally forgot that you're here." Marcie apologizes as she pulls away from her dark haired mate and looks down at her feet.

"Stop being such a grump, Raina. Why don't you go find your own mate and then you can join our fun?" My brother Quinn jests as he pulls away from his mate Chelsea.

Heat flushes my cheeks as the comment, and my voice starts to get shaky from emotion. I stick my tongue out as a response, and look back down at my food. Quinn is my older brother. I have to say that his betrayal is the one that hurt me most. I haven't been able to really look at him for the past week. We're only a year apart, and most people even think that we're twins. I thought that we were close enough that Quinn wouldn't care about pack protocol. Guess I was wrong.