Chapter 6

After I got ready(dress in my) I walked downstairs and grabbed a glass of wine. I'm not supposed to touch it, but my nerves are bad right now. This is like the first time I've went to a dance since kindergarten. As I took the last sip I heard a car door slam. I looked out the window and saw Romello talking to himself as he approached my door. The doorbell rang so I ran and opened the door. When I did I was shocked. He had on a all white jeans and a t shirt, with a silver suit jacket. He still looked formal, but hood at the same time.

Romello : I'm sorry, I've never actually been to a ball, I didn't know what to wear

Ciara : I like it, I hate preppy boys anyway. Your good

He looked me up and down while licking his lips. I blushed that is the first time anyone has done that in plain view before.

Romello : I love the dress

Jacob : Me too

I looked up and seen Jacob and everyone standing in my drive way. They all looked casket sharp..lol.

Ciara : Hey guys

All : Hey

Lindzey : You must be her date

Romello : Yes I am. Nice to meet you all

Everyone said you too except for Jacob, he just looked at me and shook his head. I mugged him and he smirked. This isn't a game nigga. I am way too happy to deal with him so I grab my clutch and lock the door. We all walk to different cars and ride to the ball. I looked out of the window most of the time, I've never realized how beautiful Chicago really is.

Romello : So, I really think that dress looks good on you

Ciara : Thank you. I see you got the bun action like me. Let me find out you were spying on me

Romello : Ha ha, nah I was just trying something different. My sister did this To my head

Ciara : Wow. She must really love you to touch all of that hair

Romello : I mean I guess so

We arrived at the dance and the valet drivers were taking the cars. Me and Romello walked in and it was beautiful. Silver surrounding us with white decorations. It made me feel all girly inside. Romello grabbed my hand and we walked to the VIP section of the ball. When we grabbed a seat on a couch Romello turned to me and smiled.

Romello : Beautiful isn't it

Ciara : Very

He looked into my eyes and I felt my spine tingle. Out of the corner of my eye I seen Passion walking in our direction. I wasn't trying to deal with her right now. She walked up and smirked at me then Romello.

Romello : Hey, Passion this is my date Ci-

Passion : We've met before. But I need to borrow you for a minute. My keyboard player bailed out on me and you are the only other person that knows the song

Ciara : So how do you to know each other

Romello : Passion is my sister

Ciara : Wow

Passion : Can you please

Romello looked at me, I waved him off and he went with her. I walked to the bar and grabbed some punch. I walked to the couch and sat back down. Kelontae popped up out of nowhere and sat next to me.

Kelontae : Hey beautiful. You looking fancy

Ciara : Please stop. I just threw this together

Kelontae : Well I wish you would throw stuff together all the time. You look like an actual girl today

Ciara : I know, all these people at school keep looking at me

I looked out of the corner of my eye and seen Jacob looking at me with sympathetic eyes. I nod for him to come over and turn back to kelontae.

Ciara : Hey can I get a minute, I gotta handle this

Kelontae : Sure, I gotta go get my date from the bar before Sasha talks her crazy

Ciara : Ight, Well meet back up

He walked away and Jacob sat down next to me. I watched as Passion was doing mic check. It was very dramatic.

Jacob : Look I'm sorry we didn't tell you we were leaving but the plan was-

Ciara : To just leave

Jacob : No, the plan was to take you with us. We got you an audition. It was gonna be a surprise

I froze. They got me an audition. I smiled and hugged him. Just as we went to go say something to each other Passion started talking in the mic.

Passion : This song is dedicated to all my sistas who are tired of these so so men out there

The stage lights dimmed and the music started. It was a dope song, and the choreography was tight. The part that made me mad was when the song was over she looked dead at me and said top this. I looked at Jacob and said thank you. As I walked away Romello grabbed me and hugged me with excitement.

Romello : My sister just told me that I will be playing for her on tour. And she wants me as a permanent musician

Ciara : That's great, oh my god that is amazing

We hugged again and I realized that if this audition went south, that I would not see Romello anymore. Wow. As soon as Passion finished changing she came back out and hugged Romello and Jacob. She then turned to me and smirked.

Passion : It was a pleasure meeting you

Ciara : The pleasure is all mine, but this won't be the last time you see me

Passion : What

Ciara : I have an audition so I will be leaving with you guys. I am guaranteed to get a contract so most likely you will be seeing slot more of me

Romello : That's great

Kelontae : Really great

I turn around and he is there with a drink in his hand. He hugged me and spun me around

Kelontae : Congrats, man you making me so proud

Ciara : OK Mr. Exaggeration. I owe it all to Jacob

Passion looked at him and rolled her eyes before walking away. She talked to herself while walking away, I had this sinister smirk on my face. Jacob shook his head laughing and Romello gave me my smirk back. Weak by SWV started playing so everyone started slow dancing.

Romello : Can I have this dance

I looked at Kelontae who had my hand in his, he shook his head and released me. I grabbed Romello and started dancing with him. While we danced I looked into his eyes, they were so perfect. His lips were so pink it made me want to kiss him. I put my face in his chest after awhile, i felt like I was safe. Like nothing could hurt me here. That all the years of pain were washed away. This would be a night I wouldn't forget.

Just as the song ended they announced Xscape was performing. They walked up to the stage and sang my song. It felt so good to hear my lyrics with Jacob's music again. Every word make a tear drop from my eyes. I felt a hand wipe away my tears, and when I looked it wasn't Romello. It was Kelontae. He grabbed my waited and pulled me into a hug. I cried into his shoulder, when I finished I met eye contact with Jacob. He looked like he was worried. I smiled and he smiled back before walking off with Passion and Romello to meet the girls backstage.

Kelontae : You love him don't you

Ciara : I did love him. But it's to late now, I think I love someone else