The Introduction.

It's been two months since I'd broken out of what could be considered as one of the most, let's make it the only toxic relationship I've ever been in.

But that's a story for another time, all you need to know is that it wasn't all that great and towards the end I ended up with more scarring memories than good.

I'm now at this moment a slightly depressed 21 year old, who's more behind on college work than recommended, and I also happen to be mistaken for this perpetually happy social butterfly and trust me that isn't the case. 

I don't like people, I tend to assume the worst of them, when it concerns me anyway, I'm
sure people have the potential to be nice and kind and all that jazz, but I don't trust anyone, well I didn't until I met her.

Which brings me to the most amazing chapter so far in my life, had I known she existed I would have better prepared myself for her happening upon my life.

Did I mention I was extremely awkward, well the first time I met this girl would quite wear the crown of all my awkward moments, you'll see..

It was the 28th of July and I was ready to go binge drinking with someone I could've called a best friend at the time, moving on, I was at my best friends place, let's call her Natalie, anyway, Natalie had a meeting to go to and I wasn't really allowed to go for it, considering there were people there who I had little beef with or well they had beef with me.

I was all ready to go out, cause I'd just recently won a voucher to this really neat spot by the beach and I really needed to get out of the house, I was sitting on Natalie's couch watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians cause Natalie and her help seemed to adore watching rich snobs being paid to live and I wasn't really paying any attention to the T.V, which is when I got the call,

- Cue Phone Conversation-

Natalie - "Hey Dude I'm bringing this girl I wanted you to meet over in like 10 minutes!"

Me - Are you serious I'm not dressed properly I don't want her to think I'm a weirdo!

Natalie - I don't know dude do something I'll be there soon

- End Phone Call -

Cue part where i hyper ventilate like a bull that just ran a million miles, this is the first time I'm ever seeing someone, I'm not the type
For hook ups and one night stands you know it's just not my thing, but I had good feeling about this so I collected myself, and ironed this white shirt and a pair of jeans and luckily I'd brought my boots.

I spent the next 5 minutes frantically scrubbing my skin raw in hopes I would smell and look alright as opposed to my usual " I have given up on life look" in hopes that she would find me at least 1% attractive.

And then I heard them walking up and I just stood up awkwardly waiting for them to come up the stairs like some creeper and Natalie was the first to see me and she had this giant grin on her face the moment she saw me, because she knew I had panicked, maybe it was the fact that it'd been ages since I looked this close to a human ( a clean one at that ) or maybe it was my red face from all the scrubbing and the anticipation.

And there she was standing behind Natalie, her hair was a mess, she was wearing a pink shirt, and grey pants and these purple and green plastic slippers, she looked exhausted, but you have to believe me, she looked amazing,  she looked so real, so unapologetically herself, so underdressed in comparison to me, but she was vision, i swear I have never let out a faster or more weirder "Hi" in my entire life, my face was burning, my palms were heating up and my neck hair was standing, as she and I walked towards the couch to sit down and wait for Natalie to get ready.

To the reader - If you'd like me to continue do let me know 🤘🏼