Was I dreaming?

I woke up on the 29th feeling better than I had in forever, and I was lying there on Natalie's couch and going through flashes of the night before, part of me was wondering weather I had cooked the entire scenario up in my head.
Had that been a dream, was I that lucky? And as I closed my eyes I prayed to whatever was out there that she wasn't just a figment of my imagination.

And then it hit me, I hadn't asked for her number, ( I know idiot move on my behalf, but in my defense I was overwhelmed by her and I wasn't thinking straight literally 😋 ) but what I had asked for was for her to follow me on Instagram, so being the genius that I was ( Not so much ) I decided the best thing to do would be to send her and awkward hey there picture along with a message that went exactly like this

"Good morning SuperFruit ( She liked SuperFruit )
I couldnt think of any other way to get to you :3 hope the fam didnt have an issue with you being late and stuff! "

( Could I be lamer? Probably but this was pretty lame, I mean it reeks of : OMG yesterday was awesome for me and I'm dying to know if you thought the same, please give me your attention oh amazing human: )

Good news is she actually replied but with no hint of her thoughts of the day before which was immensely frustrating.

Oh you wanted to know what she said right here it is

"Hey, good mornin! (Well not do much now, sorry didn't see this) And no they were cool, thank you for dropping me off btw :)"

( Look at that all to the point and so prim and proper, as opposed to mine )

Anyway that would cover the story of the first conversation I had with the woman over the phone, ( I would like to thank Instagram for existing at this moment, especially since I'm a Neanderthal child to whom it didn't occur to ask for the girls phone number ).

Was I in love? So soon? That's impossible, you can't fall in love with someone you just met, but was I willing to give love one final chance, if this were to develop further? yes of-course, even if it were to hurt like everything had before, she would be worth it, I would go for it, take another shot at something that has burned me repeatedly through the years, this girl was it, she wasn't pretentious, she was unprepared, she wasn't decked up like a Christmas tree at the thought of going out, she was so collected and so normal in the sense she didn't seem fake, it was breath of fresh air to meet her, and I hope sincerely that she would be different to what I'd been through before.

I hoped, I wanted to be happy for a while, and maybe one selfish part me of thinks I deserve some real happiness in life, and as ridiculous as this sounds, she did make me happier than I had ever thought I could be, and she managed to do so in a few hours of just being with me.

I hoped this time it was different, I hope this would last for as long as I deserved, all selfish thoughts I'm aware, but cut me some slack, if you've got something that you thought was great you'd want to hold on to it for as long as you can.

You'd be lucky if you were to meet the girl of my dreams and I knew then that somewhere
in my miserable past I must have done something good, I'd have had to, to deserve meeting her.

I couldn't be this lucky? Could I?