Chapter 31

Miri's POV

I was really enjoying myself. Matt and Ivy were great company and the food was fabulous and I'd glad I'd agreed to come. I enjoyed getting dressed up and honestly, as I glanced at three of us, we made a pretty good looking bunch. Ivy looked adorable and I truly loved her hair with curls and Matt, well Matt looked incredibly handsome and I found myself blushing every time I looked at him.

"I am so full." Ivy groaned, but even as she said it she spooned another mouthful of dessert in.

"Well stop eating." Matt said smiling at her.

"I don't want to waste it." She mumbled through her mouthful.

I smiled, watching her. I loved how Matt had raised Ivy to be her own person. He'd done a wonderful job and I loved how she always expressed herself, she really was an amazing child.

"Shall I pay the bill?" Matt asked, looking between Ivy and I.

Ivy nodded, groaning and rubbing her tummy.

"Are you sure you don't want anything else?" Matt asked her grinning.

"I am sure Daddy." She moaned.

"Okay." He chuckled, indicating to one of the waiters.

I groaned to myself when I saw the creepy waiter walk over. He'd been ogling me all night.

"Was everything satisfactory?" He asked, leering at me.

"Um yeah." Matt mumbled. "Can we have the bill?"

"Certainly Sir." He said smiling at me and walking off.

I shook my head. He made me feel kind of dirty and I wished I'd bought a jacket so I could put it on.

"I'm tired." Ivy groaned looking at me.

"Well we're going soon." I said smiling at her.

"Here you go Sir." The creepy waiter said, placing the bill in front of Matt and grinning at me.

I watched Matt frown and reach down grabbing his wallet.

"Excuse me." Ivy suddenly snapped.

I looked at her and she was looking at the waiter.

"Why are you staring at Miri's boobs." She grouched. "That's really rude."

I put my hand to my mouth, covering my smile.

"I can assure you I am not Miss." The waiter said, his cheeks going red.

"Yeah you are." Ivy snapped. "You've been doing it all night."

"She's right you know." Matt grumbled standing up. "You have been and it's kind of tasteless."

I stood up and held my hand out for Ivy, smiling at her.

"You're yucky anyway." Ivy told him and she tugged on my hand, pulling me towards the door.

When we got outside I burst out laughing. "Ivy you really are fabulous." I giggled, picking her up and kissing her face.

She giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck. "He was yucky Miri."

"He was." I laughed and I looked at Matt and smiled. "Matt honestly, your daughter is fabulous."

"I think so too." He chuckled, leaning over and kissing her cheek. "Let's go home."

We laughed as we got in the car, but as we started the drive home the laughter died a little and I glanced in the back, Ivy was dozing off, still holding her full tummy.

"She's pooped." I told Matt as we arrived home.

"She certainly is." He murmured, pulling her gently from the backseat and carrying her inside.

I smiled, watching them as Matt carried her to her room, then I headed into the kitchen to make a coffee, humming under my breath.

"I mean it Matt." I said as he walked back in and I handed him a cup of coffee. "You really have done a wonderful job."

"Yeah she is one of a kind." He laughed.

"Oh yeah she really is." I giggled, taking a sip. "And thanks for tonight, it was really nice."

"Oh." He mumbled. "No, don't thank me."

We stood there awkwardly, both of us drinking our coffee and not saying a word.

"Well um." Matt said, putting his mug on the sink. "I think I might go to bed."

I nodded, draining my mug. "Yep, I'm pretty full and tired." I said, rinsing the mugs.

"Yeah so anyway." Matt said. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight." I said drying my hands and turning around.

Matt was standing there looking at me and I quickly racked my brain, trying to remember if I forgot to do or say something. I was pretty sure I hadn't and I quickly glanced around, looking for something out of place.

"Well um goodnight." Matt mumbled again.

"Um yeah night." I said softly.

Suddenly he leant over and pressed his lips to mine. I was shocked at first, I really wasn't expecting it even though Ivy had been talking about it all night.

Yeah I was shocked at first, but then I realised how nice it felt and I closed my eye's, enjoying the feeling of his lips on mine.

I wasn't really sure how long it went on for, but it was Matt who pulled away.

"Fuck." He snapped and I looked at him with wide eye's. "Um, yeah, look I'm sorry." He muttered and he turned and walked off.

I jumped when I heard his bedroom door slam. What was that all about? He kissed me and now he was making out like it was my fault. He was sorry? Sorry for what?

I stood in the kitchen for a few minutes. I was shocked, shocked at the kiss and shocked at his behaviour. He was just so rude about it. I hadn't asked him to kiss me.

"Fucking asshole." I whispered, walking to my room and when I reached it I slammed the door for good measure. "What an asshole." I whispered again and then I felt like crying.

Was I that bad of a kisser?

I wiped my cheeks quickly and went into the bathroom, ripping off my clothes and cleaning my teeth, then I stood there, looking at myself in the mirror.

I looked alright, maybe a little tired, but I looked okay. Didn't I?

Why the fuck did he have to carry on like kissing me was the most disgusting thing in the world?

I'd just had a wonderful night and he had to go and ruin it. Matt really was an asshole, he'd just proved it.