✔️Chapter 07 - S

Phil's POV

Walking back across the restaurant we received many confused glares, but all Dan had to do was make eye contact with someone and they would lower their head in shame.

We were quickly seated again and the waitress came over, Dan ordered for both of us but I didn't want to argue, so I only rolled my eyes. Surprisingly enough I can make my own choices, but I let him pick whatever it was he picked. I didn't fail to notice that he ordered us two of the most expensive dishes, with price tags well over £100.

The waitress left with our order, and Dan turned to look at me.

"Tell me about yourself, Phil."

"Well, I'm 25, I'm from up North. I graduated from York University with a degree in English Language and Linguistics, so I went into journalism."

"Interesting," he replied, stroking his chin with his thumb, as if deep in thought. "So are you a top or a bottom?"

I choked on my wine and almost spit it back into the cup, before remembering that the world's most attractive human being was seated in front of me. I swallowed the wine and cleared my throat, before making an attempt to talk.

"What?" I asked, hoping I had heard him wrong, though I knew I hadn't.

"You are obviously gay, so top or bottom? Or no preference? Or maybe a virgin?"

"I-I don't think that's important, Daniel."

"Dan," he corrected quickly. "Oh, but it is important to me."

"Well it's not any of your business."

"Answer me." He said, his tone suddenly harsh and deadly serious.

Before I could reply, two steaming plates were set in front of us by the waitress. She stood, clasping her hands together. "We hope you enjoy the meal," she said, directing her words at Dan.

He only nodded in response. Feeling sympathy for the poor lady, I gave her a weak 'thanks', before she walked away.

I immediately dug in, twirling the noodles around my fork and gulping them down. The food was heavenly and suddenly the hefty price tag made sense. I took another spoonful, swallowing it down with wine. After the food had gone down, I closed my eyes and sighed in content.

"Good?"

"Amazing," I answered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, it's fine."

"Fine is not enough, I can send it back."

"No, no. It's perfect."

"Alright," he picked up his cutlery and started cutting his food into the tiniest pieces. Then he balanced each piece, one by one, on the back of his fork before eating it. The way he ate was so posh and proper, it made me feel a bit self-conscious.

'Eh, screw it,' I thought before going back to slurping my noodles.

For the rest of the meal, there was no conversation, except for the occasional clattering of cutlery.

Finally, we finished and the waitress came over. "Any dessert for you two?" She asked quickly.

"No, bring the check," Dan demanded.

I frowned a little; I was a sweet-tooth and if the dessert here was the same quality as the main dish, I was missing out on a lot.

She took our plates and walked away, almost tripping over Dan's outstretched foot in the process. But he didn't move his foot, only signalled for her to hurry up.