Epilogue

((crying as i'm writing this. warning this is really (like really) long. for the last time, please vote and comment))

18th March 2017

They stand patiently at the door, both looking slightly nervous. "You'll be fine," Phil says, trying to be reassuring.

"I know," Dan answers, irritated that Phil could detect his nerves.

The door slowly slides open, a woman standing expectantly behind it. She has brown hair and warm eyes that look excited. "Phil, my baby, I missed you." She quickly scoops Phil into a hug, her face against his shoulder as he is too tall for her. She is on the brink of tears. "You never call me. Are you eating enough? You're so skinny. And you're so tall now. I missed you, a lot."

"I missed you, too, mum," Phil says, resting his face against his mother's soft hair. He doesn't fail to notice that the roots are slightly grey.

"Mum, meet Dan," Phil says, after finally pulling away from the hug.

"This is Dan?" Phil's mum asks, carefully studying Dan, but making no move to greet him.

"Yes. My boyfriend I told you about, remember?" Phil says desperately when he senses the tense atmosphere.

Dan moves forward to shake her hand and Phil's mum allows him to. Dan then bends down and quickly kisses her hand. "Nice to meet you, Mrs Lester."

She laughs, and Phil lets out a sigh of relief. "So you're the guy who's stolen my Phil from me."

Dan smiles, "I am afraid so." Dan casually wraps his arm around Phil. "I am sorry to have to tell you this, but he is mine now."

Phil's mum smiles. "Take good care of him, alright?"

Phil rolls his eyes as Dan answers, "always."

22nd July 2017

Tyler and Troye are helping Phil pack his things into boxes. Phil is full of nostalgia, every little thing in this room reminds him of all the fun memories he had in this house. But he is ready to start a new era of his life, an era that is mainly Dan and Phil and no one else.

"Will you come back and visit?" Troye asks softly, breaking the silence.

"Of course he will. Cause he knows if he doesn't I'll post that picture of him in tights and Crocs," Tyler says, trying to sound upbeat.

"I was drunk," Phil laughs while taping his box shut. "Of course, I will. I'll make sure to see you at least every day. You guys will get sick of me."

"We're already sick of you. Why else would we be kicking you out?" Tyler says, once again trying to dull the tense atmosphere.

"Enjoy having more space. And don't you dare do it in my room. I've kept this room pure and innocent for three years," Phil says, shaking his finger at them.

"We don't need your room. We can do it on the kitchen counter now that's there's nobody around," Tyler claims, shrugging.

"We can keep our porn collection in here," Troye offers and Tyler nods in mock agreement.

"Or this can be our new red room."

"I think I'm going to throw up," Phil says, half-serious.

"Better wifi as well, since Phil won't be slowing it down by watching YouTube videos," Tyler claims, stroking his chin as if thinking.

"Ok, I get it," Phil laughs. "I'll have better wifi anyway. Dan's is actually so fast. And I'll have an automatic coffee maker that makes me coffee as soon as I wake up. And massaging sofas. And so many different shower controls and unlimited hot water and--"