Chapter 3 - The Coma...

*Char's P.O.V.*

"Char, why don't you come and sit with us?" Graham asked pulling over a chair. 

"Okay." I mumbled. I sat down in between Graham and Kathryn. I held Josh's hand again and tried my best to keep back my sobs, with little success. We sat there in silence before Kathryn broke the silence.

"Char? Do you remember what you and Josh used to do when you were little? You used to sing to each other didn't you?" I nodded thinking of all the times that we would sing to each other. "You both have amazing voices you know?" 

"Thanks Kathryn..." I said. I watched Kathryn and Graham walk out and began to sing.

"When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse

And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

And high up above or down below
When you're too in love to let it go
But if you never try you'll never know
Just what you're worth

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face
When you lose something you cannot replace
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Tears stream down your face
I promise you I will learn from my mistakes
Tears stream down your face
And I...

Lights will guide you home
And ignite your bones
And I will try to fix you" I sang. I hope he can hear me.

"Josh, I miss you. I've just got you back and now I feel like I'm loosing you again. I don't want to loose you. Not now, not after I just got you back, not ever. All I could think about was us being inseparable when we were younger. How we were always hugging, holding hands, singing, being with each other, having our secret conversations. I missed all that. I want all that back. That time when we weren't speaking, I felt like a hole had been ripped in my heart. I felt lost without you, without my best friend. I missed you and I just got you back. I've never been so happy. You're my best friend and you're amazing Josh..." I said, tears ready to fall.

I sat in silence for a few minute, I heard Kathryn and Graham walk in. 

"I'll give you some time with Josh." I said, standing up.

"Thank you Char." Graham replied. As I left I heard Graham calmly talking to Josh. I loved how Graham could be so calm in situations like this. I sat down on the seats just outside Josh's room and checked my phone. I had a lot of missed calls and texts but I couldn't be bothered to reply so I turned my phone off. I found myself growing increasingly tired and fell asleep.

*Josh's P.O.V.*

I'm guessing I'm in a coma then.... I can hear everything they are saying but they don't know that. When Char sang to me and just wanted to wake up and hug her, but I can't. I want to let Mum and Dad know I'm okay. I just hope I can soon. What Char said about me was amazing. I felt exactly the same. All I could ever think about was our childhood memories and how I could ever get her back. I did but then I made her think that we lost each other again. I wish neither of us got hit, but I'm glad I got hit instead of her. I'd hate for anything bad to happen to her. She's my best friend and I don't want her to ever get hurt. I hear my parents speak calmly to each other every now and again but I guess they are still in shock. I hear my Mum say she's going to check on Char. I heard the door open and close then Dad spoke.

"Josh, please wake up... We need you, me, your Mum, Char... Char needs you Josh, you have to wake up... We need you..."

I wish I could wake up, all I want to do is hug Char and tell her it's okay, that everything will be fine. The sooner I wake up the better. I heard the door open and I heard Mum say something to Dad but I couldn't quite figure out what.

"Okay. Char you stay in here, Kathryn and I will stay next door." Dad said. So Char was staying in here with me? I hope I wake up. I want to see Char again. I want to see Mum and Dad again, no I don't want to, I need to. 

"Are you sure? You could both stay in here, he is your son." Char said. 

"No, no. You haven't seen him in a while Char, you stay with him. We will only be next door. Night love." Mum answered. I heard Char wander around the room, probably setting up the hospital bed. I haven't seen her for ages and when I do everything goes wrong. I just want to be able to talk to her, to see her, to hug her. It's unbelievable how much I miss her even though she is in the same room as me. I wish I could just wake up. I need to just wake up. 

"Josh, please wake up. I miss you." Char said whilst placing her hand on top of mine. I suddenly felt so much better. Please let me wake up now. Char was my best friend, there was no way I was going to loose her, not now... Not ever. I heard Charlottes breathing slow down and I presumed she was asleep. That's when I felt myself drifting too.