Those Unread Pages

He threw another scrunched up paper in the bin.he fisted his hair in frustration.it's been one week but still he couldn't manage to write one page of the story.its been one and half years.after that he couldn't write anything worth publishing.the last book received only negative reviews as well.

Once a bestselling novel writer was now struggling to write even one page.though he joined his family business and as a businessmen he is doing well.but he never wanted to be a businessmen.he wanted to be a writer.now he doesn't even want that.he just wants her back.

He missed her.he missed her so much.each day,each moment was a torture for him.he craved her love,her presence,her smile,her smell,her touch,her support.but he was the only one who drove her away.

"Come back.please come back." He cried again hugging her photo.

Caressing her cute features he kept saying the same things he says each night. "I don't want anything.don't want my books to become bestsellers.don't want to be the best writer.just want you.it wasn't you.It was me the fucking loser who let success get in his head.I wrote rubbish.that's why it all went in drain.you tried to tell me.but me being the pathetic loser blamed all on you.oh my God!I didn't mean it.you knew na I was a mess.you knew all along.only you know me then why?come back please.I m nothing without you.I m just an empty notebook and you're the ink that will fill it and make it worth something.honey I m nothing without you.comeback." He fell asleep while crying his heart out for the one who was his inspiration but he himself called accused her of being nothing but an affiction.

Far away in another city she was sitting in a verandah looking at the twinkly night life.eversince she left him she couldn't sleep properly.he was her everything.they have been through a lot to be together.but when they finally got together fate intervened again.she knew he was just frustrated.may be just may be he didn't mean those words.but when he didn't show any concern,didn't look for her for more than two weeks,she knew he meant those cruel bitter words.each of it.

Flashback to one and half years ago

He was drinking heavily.it's become a daily routine now.

"Manik.that's enough please stop it now.come let's go to bed.you are stressing yourself out.you need to relax.cabir is right.we should go for a vacation.somewhere really beautiful and calm.I m sure it will inspire you." She hated seeing him in this condition.

He smashed the glass he was holding.
"Really nandini? Your husband's career is at stake and you're are thinking of vacations?do you even give any damn?do you know?no you don't !you are just an ordinary girl with an ordinary job!you don't know how it feels to praised.to see your work getting so much love.you say you love me but why can't you see that I need a hit book again!" He smashed another glass piece.

His words hurt her more than anything ever did.but she tried telling her hurt heart that he is drunk.he didn't mean it.

" Manik. Okay I m sorry.let's not go anywhere.just relax.Manik all the great writers mostly wrote cause they wanted to write.yes they wanted their work to get successful as well but mostly they just wanted to write what they felt.they didn't write for success or getting their books as bestsellers.so stop thinking about a hit or bestselling book.just write." She said calmly with all her love.

"Shut up just shut up okay?stop with your pathetic lectures.what do you know!actually you're the reason why all this is happening.some people just bring bad luck" he hissed the last words and went away to drink some more.

She stood there absolutely numb.her heart kept telling her it's because he is drunk.but her mind knew the truth.her tears kept falling till there was no more.she didn't even realize when morning came cause all she felt was the darkness of night.