gaurance

i've been reading lots of hybrid fics lately from my other fandoms and i haven't seen any here yet so let's go

also im not including cat hybrids in this kinda thing because kawaii~chan and meif'was and...

yeah.

•••

Hybrids are rare creatures.

Half human, half animal, a governed experiment left to rot in the market for humans to buy and use, or make profit.

The extremely rare ones would include mountainous and forest animal hybrids, such as wolves or deers.

And in this case, a young hybrid by the name of Laurance Zvahl sat in his glass case at the market, wolf ears twitching and tail swaying gently, tongue licking his sharp canines and blue eyes searching.

His gaze rests upon an orange haired girl- barely twelve years old, he presumes- dressed neatly in a white lace gown, each step taken with precise caution and gracefulness.

She approaches his case and he crawls over to her, human and hybrid staring at eachother through the thick glass.

"Daddy! Can I have that one? It says his name is Laurance," his sensetive ears hear her high-pitched voice through the supposedly soundproof glass, and a man with similar attitude walks over to the girl, observing Laurance closely.

The man squints, as if trying to discover what was hidden behind his wolf-like appearance, and eventually nods his head, replying his daughter with an approval.

Laurance learns the girl's name is Cadenza.

•••

"I can feel you trying to sneak up behind me," Laurance says, and Cadenza deflats behind him.

"You and your wolfy instincts," she whines, and Laurance turns around- canines beared- terrifying Cadenza and sending her stumbling backwards in fear.

He laughs, continuing his walk forward, his grumpy sister catching up to him in due time.

They were supposed to be getting groceries, when Laurance's ears catch the smallest hint of a scream, sounding helpless and scared.

And suddenly his canines are beared again, pupils forming slits, and he's following the scent of fear to the damp and dark alleyway a few blocks down from the supermarket.

He sees three men kicking at something on the ground, the said thing on the ground yelping each time he was hit.

Laurance growled, eyes fierce with rage. The men turned around and saw him before sprinting away, revealling a skinny boy on the floor, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

The second thing Laurance notices is that the boy had two pairs of ears, a pair of human ones at the correct positioning, and a pair of ears at the top of his head that looked similar to Laurance's, except small and slightly rounder. The ears atop his head were spread slightly wider apart than Laurance's own, as well as tinted hazel with white spots.

The third thing that Laurance notices- and he wonders how in Irene's name he didn't see it before- is that the boy had large antlers sticking out from his head. They looked light yet sturdy, slim yet strong. They were placed in the middle of the boy's ears, and they looked bruised and dirty.

"Are you okay?" Laurance says, reaching out to the terrified boy on the ground, and he slowly nods, grabbing his hand and pulling himself up.

It's when he stands up that Laurance realises that this hybrid was taller than him by a few inches, and he finds himself not very pleased with that fact.

"I'm Laurance, wolf hybrid," he grins, canines hidden, but the boy still jumps back, eyes full of fear.

Laurance is offended at first, before realising that the antlers on the guy's head meant he was probably a deer hybrid.

And wolves eat deers.

"Hey, c'mon. I just saved you. I'm not gonna eat you," Laurance smiles warmly, extending out his arm for a handshake. The boy slowly approaches yet again, slightly less fearful this time 'round, and shakes Laurance's hand.

"G-Garroth Ro'meave," he manages to sputter, and Laurance grins.

"Nice to meet you, Gar-"

"LAURANCE? WHERE ARE YOU?" he hears the screams of his sister, and he sighs.

Garroth flinches, and Laurance gives him a look that says "hold on," and walks out of the alley, waving at his sister.

"Here!" he yells, and the orange-haired girl waves back.

Suddenly, Laurance feels something gripping his arm, and turns his head to find a very frightened Garroth.

"Laurance!" Cadenza smiles as she runs over, "who's your friend?"

He looks at Garroth, who looks absolutely terrified, and his eyes soften.

"I'm- um- Garroth, and I... I don't have a home or a family," he mumbles, but Cadenza hears it anyway.

Laurance looks at his sister, and they both agree on something through their eyes that Garroth couldn't quite catch.

Laurance turns his head, staring at Garroth's blue eyes, and his hands reach for his antlers, stroking them gently.

"Well, now you've got one."

•••

do you guys want a part two because i kinda thought the one-shot was getting too long xD

cya!
-z