xi. perth

Connor grabbed the last box as someone grabbed it as well. He felt his face flush.

'Sorry.' He said, looking up to see Troye. Connor laughed, covering his face.

Troye grinned. 'Got any plans for tonight, Franta?' He asked, letting Connor put the box of condoms in his basket.

'Shut up.' Said Connor, his face burning a hundred degrees (it wasn't). Ignoring Troye's snide comments, he continue his shopping. He went to go buy some fruits and vegetables for tonight's dinner, talking with Troye about little nothings.

Troye's arm brushed up against Connor's. 'Where do you want to go for our date?'

Connor smiled at their sudden touch, shrugging. 'Don't care, anywhere really." Said Connor, looking around the bread for his favorite brand. "Somewhere with lots of people."

"What?" Said Troye, handing Connor the bread. "Don't think I can be with you for an entire date without attempting to take your clothes off?"

Connor chuckled. "You said it, not me."

"You said you wanted to visit my hometown, didn't you?"

Connor was dumbfounded. "What?"

"Perth?"

"I know that, but that's expensive, don't be ridiculous." Said Connor, putting the bread in his cart. They heard someone say Troye's name and turned to find Matthew. Troye glanced at Connor, who rolled his eyes, immediately feeling guilty for doing so.

"I'm taking you to Perth," whispered Troye. Putting a hand on Connor's waist and kissing his forehead. "I promise."

He went over to Matthew, Connor watched as Matthew hugged Troye from the waist. Felt his stomach do flips as Troye rubbed his back. With tears in his eyes, he looked away. His brain rattling around from Troye's words. He wasn't serious, was he? Perth? Wasn't the flight expensive, how was he going to afford those tickets? He was crazy.

Pushing all of that aside, he pushed his shopping cart to the check-out. He put on his earphones and pressed played. Shy Nature quickly shutting off all the outside noise. He leaned against the cart, and waited for the line to move forward.

Perth, he thought to himself. His mind drifted to Troye introducing Connor to his parents, Shaun and Laurelle. He had already heard plenty about them, of course. Years of friendship.

He felt his stomach do flips again, his hands sweating. Did that mean he would have to impress them? Connor's parents loved Troye, of course. Troye was lovable, charismatic and hilarious when he wanted. But Connor? Had Matthew met them too? Did Troye take Matthew all the way to Perth as well?

Connor felt his sides be tickled. He jumped, taking off his earphones. Troye smiled wide. "Buy me chocolates?"

"No." Said Connor, a bit too angry. He flinched as his own tone and looked away from Troye, too embarrassed to look at him. He saw flashes of the way Matthew held Troye and gripped the handle. He hated this feeling. "I hate chocolate."

Troye put the chocolates in the cart either way. "Didn't ask? I said they were for me, clean your ears."

"I'm not going to argue with you." Said Connor, desperate. He wanted to leave, get out of the fucking store. "Buy them yourself."

"Connor, breathe." Said Troye. Connor covered his mouth, a sharp prang on his chest. Troye put his hands on Connor's shoulders. "Baby, breathe."

Connor chuckled, out of breathe. "What the fuck do you..." He gasped again. Everyone around started to look at them. Troye brushed Connor's hair out of his face.

"Look at me." Said Troye, Connor looked at him. "Count, yeah? Just to ten so you don't have to rack your brain."

Connor chuckled, shaking his breathe. "One." He took a deep breathe. "Two." Another deep breathe. And they went on until he counted to ten. Troye caressing his arms, kissing his forehead when Connor finished counting.

"Sir?" Asked the cashier. She handed him a tissue. "Here you go, buddy. I did all your items, it'll be $20.92." She said softly.

Connor nodded, reaching for his wallet. Troye put a hand over his, and handed her some money. "Thank you." Said Troye, smiling at her. She nodded, and gave back the change.

"You guys are really adorable." She said, blushing. Connor smiled at her, his cheeks red from embarrassment. "Feel better."

Troye waited for Connor to meet him at the exit of the store, taking Connor's hand, they walked to their cars. He loaded everything into the trunk, looking at him. He bit his lip.

"Can you drive?" Asked Troye. Connor hugged himself. "Do you want to sit around until you feel better?"

Connor nodded. They walked inside Connor's car. Troye looked over at him, smiling softly. "You did amazing back there, you know. I'm very proud of-"

Troye hummed as Connor kissed him, interrupting his praise. Connor climbed on top of his lap, gripping Troye's wet curly hair. Savoring his taste, rolling his hips against Troye's. Moaning softly at the touch, Troye's hand slowly slithering it's way up his shirt. Up to his nipples, squeezing them.

"Okay." Said Connor, breathless. Troye leaned back, almost as if waiting to see if Connor would have another attack. "I'll go."

Troye chuckled. "Is that what caused your panic attack?" He asked, his thumb rubbing over Connor's nub. Connor moaned softly, shrugging on shoulder. "You're an idiot, Connor Franta. Everything will be fine."

He kissed him sweetly. "I promise."