[21] Ball of Rainbows and Sunshine

A/N Edited.

"So... How was school?" I asked, badly wanting to change the topic. There would definitely be a new set of rumors that Charlotte must have started.

"Boring as always. You have always been a part of the rumor mill ever since you started school," Wade replied with a downward smile.

Believe it or not, I was pretty excited to know the rumors going on about me. I find it funny hearing these non-existent shit because people can get so creative even when you know the truth.

I motioned for him to continue in anticipation, "Yeah, first some thought you got killed by a mafia." This could possibly be true. For all we know, it might be the mafia who was after me. But I can't wait to go back to school and shove up their faces that I am in fact, still alive.

"Some said you got pregnant and was suspended after having an affair with one of our teachers." Wow, this was definitely Charlotte's idea. If you'd expect me to go nuts and charge over to those crackers who started it, then sorry if I burst your bubble, but I'll be laughing my ass off in front of them to see how pathetic those rumors are when I get back to school.

I'd rather not stoop to their level and get revenge like others do, unless they also involve other people, that's where I step in.

On the other hand, he didn't look too happy about the rumors. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked as I stopped cracking up at those ridiculous rumors.

"Because of how infuriating those pathetic people are!" he grunted irritably. "Leave them be," I said as I laid back on my bed to get more comfortable with my position.

Jordan never came back from his trip and I assumed he must be doing his business with one of the nurses here. It was already 9 PM in the evening, we had talked all day about random things.

"I think you need to go home and rest. You still have school tomorrow," I suggested but he insisted on staying. I threw him one of my stern looks which got him to get up and walked towards the door.

"Fine." But not until he swiftly sweeps off a kiss on my forehead which left me in utter and complete shock and my mouth hanging open.

"Bye, Princess." He shot me a cheeky smile and stepped outside just as the nurse came in to check my vitals.

"That boyfriend of yours is pretty sweet," she dreamily sighed which made my cheeks turn a shade of pink.

Quickly masking it with confusion, I clarified, "He's not my boyfriend."

"You're pulse rate says otherwise," she chuckled as she removed the pulse oximeter and scribbled down on the bunch of papers on her clipboard.

I mumbled, "Whatever," and mustered up the strength to walk towards the comfort room because of my stupid bladder.

"You need help?" the nurse asked with concern as she tried to assist my arms.

"I'm good on my own, thanks," I gritted as I walked towards the comfort room. Just as I was about to enter, my toe hit the edge of the door frame, which made me mumble an incoherent string of curse words.

Jesus Christ. Stupid toe.

After finally relieving myself, I walked over to my bed and tucked myself into the blanket. I badly wanted to go home and hide under my Spongebob covers and eat popcorn while 'Once Upon A Time' on Netflix was playing. At least, my mom left the laptop on the table.

I immediately opened it to watch some Netflix shows.

*****

After a week, I was finally discharged. Yay for me.