chapter 7

Chapter 40

Notes:

FLUFF and humor i hope
i can never tell if what i write is actually funny because i find everything to be hilarious.

i didn't proof read this one because i'm lazy WHOOPS
(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

Chapter Text

Frigga couldn’t help the smile that kept tugging up the corner of her mouth as she watched Darcy and James together. James looked just as handsome in the Asgardian clothing as he did the armor, the dark reds and blacks of his tunic and pants made his ice blue eyes even more striking than usual. James’ regal appearance was ruined by the fact he was trying to keep Darcy’s hands from touching every trinket and tapestry on the wall. Frigga could see the tension in James’ shoulders with the fear that Darcy would break something war with his apparent desire for her.

Darcy had chosen to wear an traditional Asgardian gown rather than her armor and she looked absolutely beautiful. Her gown was a creamy color that blended with her skin overlaid with a wine red stitching. The dress clung to her chest and waist where it then flared from her hips and fell to the floor. The red lace fell elegantly across her collarbones, smooth like a second skin.

Frigga watched from the top of the stairs leading to the great hall for a few moments longer before calling to the couple.

“James, do not bother. I find that preventing Darcy from touching things only leads her to using her powers to attempt subterfuge.”

“I just didn’t want her to break anything, ma’am.”

Frigga’s heart warmed at James’ words and sincerity. He truly was a gentleman, despite a number of Darcy’s stories suggesting otherwise.

“Come along, you two. Dinner is about to begin and Darcy has been avoiding Odin long enough.”

Frigga laughed as Darcy spluttered protests and James paled at the mention of the AllFather. The pair quickly climbed the stairs regardless of their apprehension, much to Frigga’s pleasure. The Queen thread her right arm through James’ metal left one, holding Darcy’s hand with her free hand. Together, the trio made the short distance down the hall and through the archway that guided them to the hall.

The enormous room was scattered with large round tables, covered in an assortment of food and drink. Warriors sat toward the entrance of the hall where the three made their entrance, while members of the court sat among their friends closer to the back of the room where the royal family and closest friends would sit.

Frigga, Darcy, and James weaved through the crowded hall together, receiving many bows of respect much to the mortals’ embarrassment. The Queen couldn’t help her undignified snicker as the pair shifted uncomfortable and tried to find a polite way to greet others back. James settled for a regal-looking nod, while Darcy would wave somewhat awkwardly or simply call out a “Hello!”

After some time and exchanged pleasantries,  Frigga and her mortal charges make it to the back of the hall where the Warriors Three, Sif, High Lords and Ladies of the court, Heimdall, and Odin sat at a large oval table. The AllFather sat at the head, naturally, Heimdall at his left side, while the Warriors filled in after a few empty seats left for the Queen and the Princess, as well as James. The men and women of the court rounded out the last of the table, sending irritated looks at the warriors for stealing their chances to speak with the royal family.