Ch 46: Everyone's Thoughts

*needs a rewrite*
__________

Travis sprang out of his chair towards Katelyn. "Hey, baby. Why would you leave me like that? For him?" Travis feigned puppy-dog-eyes.

Jeffory blinked back. "Baby? Katelyn, who is this?"

Steam poured out of Katelyn's ears. "That's Travis," she answered between gritted teeth. "Ignore him. He's stupid."

"Aw, come on, you know you love me," Travis added, turning to Jeffory. "Excuse her, she must be forgetting that she's with me."

"She's with you?" Jeffory's wide eyes did nothing to hide his astonishment.

"Travis is being a dip wad. We just met him." Katelyn took Jeffory's hand, knowing it wouldn't be hard to convince him.

"She knows me, I can--"

"Travis, that's enough." Garroth took him by the arm, then he slowly gave in and walked back by himself.

Garroth sat across from Travis at the table, where he flipped the back of his chair to face the pervert and straddled it. "What did you think you were you doing?"

"I didn't really think, I just don't like seeing Katelyn with him." Travis hung his neck forward, his long bangs falling over his eyes.

"Jeffory is really important to Katelyn," Garroth explained, which was shocking because he didn't throw Travis to the curb. "Let her have she wants," Garroth's lecture continued. "It'll make her happy."

Travis nodded, his spirits in the underworld. "Yeah, you're right," he mumbled. "I'll leave it alone."

Travis's POV:

That guy came out of no where. Granted, so did I, but still. It was crazy of me to think I may have had a chance with her.

I pondered Garroth's words. If I let Katelyn have what she wants, she'll be happy. That's what I want.

Easy for Garroth to say, though. He has ____.

I shook my head. I can't bear to watch Katelyn with Golden Boy. I don't like the looks his pretty-boy face.

Jeffory's POV:

That peculiar white-haired fellow glared at me for quite some time. I'd much rather set my sights on Katelyn, so I called out to her.

"Yeah, Jeffory?" she answered, still bouncing in her playful mood.

"I need somewhere to go. O'khasis looks down on me now. I don't think Abby can handle her dad getting booed on the streets for much longer. I was thinking, about your new-village . . . It'll be private, right?" I tried to ease into my loaded question.

"Mhm, what's up?" Katelyn asked, her smile still there, but diminishing.

"O'khasis isn't fit for me anymore. What I'm trying to ask is, can Abby and I come with you?" I bit down on my lip, expectant of her answer. I crossed my fingers she'd take this proposition up with her Lord.

"That would be great! Now that we're . . . What are we?" Katelyn spoke nervously, and it was kind of cute.

Katelyn's POV:

Did I misread his intentions? I felt so stupid that I tried to cover it up. "I just--don't look at me like that, dweeb--"

"--Katelyn. I know what you're doing. We can be whatever you want us to be." Jeffory said to me.

Why'd he have to be such a numb nut? Urg. I love him though. But he can't know that.

At least I'll get to see Abby. "Where's Abby right now?" I asked.

"She's with her babysitter. If I get to come with you, you'll see her soon," Jeffory answered.

"Okay, but just so you know, we're going to be doing a lot of horse back riding . . . and labor."

Aphmau's POV:

I was chatting with Zoey when Katelyn approached me with Jeffory.

"Excuse me Zoey, can we borrow Lord Aphmau for a little bit?" Jeffory asked politely.

"Sure," she chimed as she turned away to pick up Levin and play with him.

"So, we were talking about this earlier, and Jeffory wants to join Phoenix Drop," Katelyn said, dropping the news on me.

The more people in Phoenix Drop, the more people we have to help with construction. What? Did you expect me to say merrier? I have to think rationally here. Although, without much more contemplation, the words "Sure. Why not?" slipped out of my mouth.

"Thank you! Oh, and he has a daughter named Abby!" Katelyn added before ducking off to run  outside with Jeffory.

I shrugged at the extra information she sprung on me. I guess Levin and Malachi'll have a new friend.