Dane - Preview

ATTENTION: THIS BOOK WILL BE GOIN THROUGH SOME MAJOR CHANGES OVER THE NEXT LITTLE BIT, AND WHEN SAID CHANGES ARE FINISHED I WILL LET YOU KNOW, IT MIGHT HELP TO READ FROM THE BEGINNING. 

Authors Note: Haven't updated in a very long time, I'm so very sorry and there's no excuse. I'll just do my best to not torture those of you who actually love this story. I wanted to give you guys a taste while I finish and lengthen the chapter. Because any more time is already way too much. You guys are amazing and I hope you guys like it :) 

The Art of Faking It
Chapter 5

Sammie

The smell of sweat and cheap booze filled the air as I stepped onto a dying bed of grass. There were people talking and laughing in the front yard with red cups in their hands, and it seemed like only half of them were even able to stand up straight. I looked over the lawn a few times, taking in the house and the atmosphere before it hit me. 

"Oh my God," I laugh out between breaths as Dane came to stand beside me, "You're not in a pack. You're a fraternity wannabe." I couldn't help the continuous laughter that was beginning to hurt my lower stomach; I had begun imagining Dane standing in the yard singing frat songs wearing a sweater with Greek letters on it. "I thought you were so cool!" 

"Hey!" Dane grabbed my sides, holding me upright as I continued laughing hysterically. "I am cool, I'll have you know. You should just see my room, I have cool things in there too." Dane gave me a sly wink and rolled my eyes, at that point my laughter had calmed down a little bit and I was starting to get my breathing back. I couldn't help but roll my eyes as I sat myself up straight. Dane's hair was an absolute mess, but it was the kind that sent your heart into a frenzy thinking just how it got to look that way. He had eyes that drew you in the moment you saw them and I had a feeling I couldn't look away even if I wanted to. 

"Is that an invitation?" Dane's mouth curved into a little smile as his cheeks turned a soft pink color. For a guy that seemed to know so much about "the ladies", he was far too shy. 

"I mean if you want it to be, sweetheart, it most definitely is." I shrug my shoulders, and start walking towards the house, Dane following close behind. His hand found it's way to my lower back, and although I normally wasn't comfortable with people touching me at all, his touch was slightly comforting. The stairs, although covered in fresh alcohol in certain sections of the yard, were polished and well kept, like the rest of the outside of the house, excluding the lawn, seemed to be. Together Dane and I walked through the section of drunk teenagers, his hand still resting on the small of my back as we started through the open door.