motel

The next day I woke up and my head was killing me, a stinging pain was left all over my body. I looked at my arms and legs and saw bandages. I didn't really remember what happened the day before until I really thought about it and remembered what my father had done. 

I slowly took the bandages off which revealed really gross looking bruises which some looked like blood was coming from as well. It hurt to take the bandages off but I bared with the pain. 

Once all of the bandages were off, I went and got changed for work. I went into the washroom and looked at myself in the mirror like I was a different person. 

My right eye was now starting to turn a darkish purple, my bottom lip was split with dry blood around it. I had a cut on my forehead but it looked like it had dried up from last night.

I put my bangs over my forehead to cover up the cut but there was nothing I could really do about the black eye or the split lip. I just cleaned the split lip a bit and made my way downstairs where I started to put my shoes on. 

"Where're you going?" I could hear my father ask as he turned the corner to see me putting my shoes on to leave the house. 

"I have work today, I work at a cafe not too far from here." I explain and it looked like my dad was thinking about whether he would even let me go or not. 

"You better be back home right when your shift is over" he explains and I nodded meaning okay. I bowed to him before turning around and scurrying out of the house. 

When I was walking to the cafe, people were staring at me with worried expressions on their faces. Probably because I looked so beat up. My black eye, split lip, and the visible, ugly bruises on my arms because I was wearing a short sleeve. Some people were looking at me like they were sorry for me, and some were looking at me scared. Maybe because they thought I was a delinquent or something? 

As I got to the cafe, A couple customers looked at me oddly and Jimin had a concerned expression on his face. Right when he saw me, he led me to the back and he was then scanning me down. 

"Where'd you go yesterday Hoseok...how'd you end up like this? Did someone jump you?" He asks, the same concerned expression still on his face. 

I turned my head away so I didn't have to see his fake kindness and smirked. "I'm fine Jimin, let's get to work." 

"Get to work...you really think the manager will let you work, looking like this? He's going to tell you to go home and get some rest! You look horrible Hoseok" Jimin explains but I continued to not face him. 

"I don't care" I say, turning away from him fully and walking back out, where I was greeted by the manager who had a serious expression on his face. "Hoseok what happened to you?" He asks, scanning me just like how Jimin was, not too long ago. 

I didn't answer him and I guess he could kind of tell I wasn't going to give him a response. "Hoseok you should go home and rest, you shouldn't be at work like this. The customers might get a bit worried as well" the manager explains. 

As the manager told me that, I glanced back at Jimin from over my shoulder and he was giving me a look meaning 'I-told-you-so.' 

"I feel perfectly fine though, I think I'm alright to work" I explain but the manager just shook his head like I had said something completely wrong.

"I think you should go home and rest Hoseok..." He explains, giving me a serious expression on his face and I stared back at him for a while before sighing and looking down. 

I knew I couldn't start arguing with the manager and nodded meaning okay. "Fine, I'll go back home..." 

"You can come back some time during the week to make up for the time you've missed today if you want?" The manager asks as I started walking away but I didn't answer and left the cafe.