Chapter One

"You are the first woman that I have ever loved. Without you I would just be another broken man. Baby I just want to thank you for helping me evolve into the man you see before you today. I owe all of my success and dedication to you. I cherish every moment that I spend with you and I want that feeling to last for a life time." Brandon kneeled down onto one knee as each of their families watched in anticipation. "That's why I'm asking you to please be my wife, Kelani Alysha Morris will you Marry Me?" The crowd erupted in "omg's, Yes Lords and Finally's" as they anxiously waited for Kalani's response. Her mouth was extremely dry and she felt like she could have lost consciousness at any given moment.

Across the room stood her youngest sister Kailyn. Kailyn began to shift uncomfortably as she watched the scene unfold. Her heart shattered into a million pieces when she heard Kalani finally scream out the word Yes as she jumped into Brandon's arms. She gave a weak smile to her older sister who hurriedly ran towards her to show off her engagement ring. "Lani im so happy for you." Kailyn struggled to get the words out as she embraced her sister. Kailyn's second older sister Kaliya snatched Kalani's hand to examine the big rock that hugged her finger. "Let me find out this nigga went to Jared." Kalani snatched her hand away from Kaliya's grasp and rolled her eyes. "Can you be serious for once in your life Liya damn." Kailyn chuckled to herself as she watched her sisters bicker back and forth as they always did. She tuned them out as she gazed at Brandon who was speaking with her father. Her dad's nose was flared and his chest stuck out as he wagged his pointer finger in Brandon's face.

"Um Lani, I think you may want to go save Brandon." Kalani and Kaliya whipped their heads towards the direction they were in and Kalani hauled over to them. "Aw shit daddy about to Rock Bottom his ass." Kaliya smiled big as she took out her phone to record the scene as she made her way over with Kailyn on her trail. "You have completely disrespected me in my home!" My dad yelled in Brandon's face. "You never asked me for my daughter's hand in marriage and plus you two literally just graduated from high school 2 hours ago! You are NOT marrying my daughter!" The guest from the graduation party stopped what they were doing and focused their attention to the girls' screaming father. "Daddy you can't do this!" Kalani cried out while clutching Brandon's arm. "I can and I just did!" "King, it's not a big deal honey we got married at their age and we turned out fine." Their soft-spoken mother Dymin finally interfered. "And plus you know Brandon wouldn't hurt Lani we've known him for years!" Dymin tried to talk some sense into King. "That is not the point Dy! This girl needs to focus on college not being somebody's wife!" He yelled back to Dymin.

"With all due respect Mr. Morris, I would NEVER hurt Lani. She's my world and as far as school goes I will stay on top of her every day." Kaliya started to burst into laughter and King became angrier. "No sir, I meant I will stay on top of her school work!" Brandon corrected himself. "I said NO end of discussion! Wrap this party up, it's time for everyone to get out of my house." King began to turn away and head in another direction. "Daddy I'm sorry but I'm marrying him." Kalani mumbled under her breath. King stopped dead in his tracks and slowly turned to look at his daughter. His eyes were a little glossy as he starred at his first born. He was appalled that she would disobey him and even more hurt that his little girl was no longer his 'little girl'. "Fine, go ahead." He turned back around heading towards the back door of his home. "But remember once you leave this house AINT NO COMING BACK!" King stated harshly while slamming the door shut. Kelani broke down in tears as Brandon and Dymin consoled her. Kailyn watched the scene unfold and couldn't believe how drastically her life has just changed in a matter of minutes.

***********

5 Comments and 5 Votes for Chapter Two