Chapter 2

*3 Years Later*

Kailyn

I smiled wide as I stood outside of my high school auditorium taking graduation pictures with my classmates and family. I am finally free from the drama and the lack of authority that this school held and I am on my way to a bigger and brighter future. College. I am attending my dream school, Clark Atlanta University, studying photography along side my eldest sister Kalani whom is in her final year studying Dentistry. My other sister Kaliya decided not to attend college. She wanted to become an actress and didn't feel like she needed to attend college to better her craft. She just knew it was already perfect.

"Okay Kai one last picture with you and Dre!" My mother pushed my bestfriend Dre and I closer together so she could capture her picture. "Okay now Dre, wrap your arms around her and give her a kiss on the cheek." I groaned in frustration.

"Mommy that's enough." I heard Dre chuckle.

"I agree Dy" My dad said as his eyes glared at Dre daring him to touch me.

DeAndre and I were strictly friends but my mom always wanted us to become something more. Sometimes she hinted at me being a lesbian just because I never had a boyfriend. In my defense, my heart only belonged to one person but unfortunately his heart was in someone else's hands. My love for my sister's husband Brandon became stronger over the years. I guess you could say that distance makes the heart grow fonder. I could never shake the thought of me betraying my sister as I lusted over her beloved husband.

"Hey shrimpy, we still on for bowling tonight?" Dre asked me with a smirk. I smiled back at him and nodded my head. "Good, I'm about to tap that ass girl." My dad slapped him in the back of the head "My bad Mr. Morris" DeAndre quickly walked off rubbing the back of his head. I chuckled but it came to an abrupt end once I seen the look my father was giving me.

" Why do you always hang around that boy?" My dad asked with a hint of agitation as we moved through the crowd of people to get to our car.

"Because he's my friend daddy. That's it, that's all." My father was still bitter about Lani running off with Brandon to get married. After that he never wanted I or Kaliya around any guys fearing that we would be next to run away with some man. But little does he know that the man that I want, I cant have and as for Kaliya, lets just say that she took a dip into the lady pond and never turned back.

"Okay, I'm trusting you. Your the only smart child I have left besides Khalin." I rolled my eyes as he thew shade towards Lani and Liya.

"Yeah yeah yeah, let's just get out of here so I can finish packing my things." He groaned as we got into his car and drove off.

"Do you really have to leave this early? School doesn't start for another 2 and a half months." He secretly didn't want me down there with my sisters and brother in law. He still felt some type of way towards Brandon and Lani for running off to get married and he was pissed at Kaliya for not going to college. I was definitely his favorite daughter at the moment.

"Daddy, we already went over this. I'm going down there just to get a feel for the new environment that I will be in. And plus I miss my sisters I really want to spend time with them before I become too busy when the semester starts." Don't get me wrong I definitely missed my sisters but my motives were to be closer to Brandon.

My dad ignored me once I mentioned my sisters. I sat back in my seat and scrolled through my phone. I opened up the Instagram app and immediately went to Brandon's profile. I rolled my eyes seeing the new photo that he posted of Lani that captioned "My one and ONLY Queen". I double tapped the picture anyway and scrolled down his timeline,stopping at a picture of him. I starred at the photo for a while admiring his facial features. His smiles was bright, even with a slightly crooked smile he was still so perfect to me. His light  skin was plastered with creative tattoos. His soft brown hair showed off his waves and his facial hair was neatly trimmed. I clenched my thighs together as my lady became moist.

"Get it together Kai" I said in my head.

I quickly clicked out of his page and decided to text Dre.

Kailyn: What time are we on tonight?

Bestieee: Pop out around 8

I texted him back a smiley face to confirm our bowling outing.

*Later That Day*

Bestieee: I'm outside Shrimpy

I read Dre's text and slipped on my white Air Force Ones. I walked outside to his crème colored Altima.

"What's up big head" I mushed his head.

"Keep your hands to yo self lil musty ass lil girl." He smirked at me. Dre looked me up and down and licked.

Dre made it very clear on more than one occasion that he wanted to be more than best friends. He tried so hard to persuade me why we would be more dynamic as a couple than as friends. But unfortunately, I have my eyes on someone else and my heart is dead set on him.

"Eyes on the road lover boy" I pointed towards the street and Dre chuckled and shook his head.

We arrived at the bowling alley 15 minutes later and we stood around waiting for Dre's other friends to arrive. See Dre was my only friend because nobody really liked me at school. For what reason I have no idea. Dre was quiet a popular guy so he had an abundance of friends, male and female. We waited around for a few more minutes before the group of friends arrived. It was Kion, Miles, Tiffany and Briana.

"Oh great" I rolled my eyes when I seen the group. None of them liked me. Briana didn't like me because she was crushing on Dre and Tiffany was her best Friend so she didn't like me by default. Miles has hated me ever since the 3rd grade because he thinks I took Dre away from him and Kion was neutral he didn't really acknowledge me at times.

"Hey chill out okay, we all just came to have fun." Dre was oblivious to the fact that none of his friends liked me he thought that I was just being paranoid but I wasn't.

Dre walked up to them and said his heys and what's ups to everyone while I just stood n the background....awkwardly. We all got our bowling shoes and walked over to our lanes. As I began to have a seat to take change my shoes Miles bumped into me making me fall to the floor. I looked over at Dre to see if he saw what happened but he didn't. He was too busy entering everyone's name into the computer. I mugged Miles as he mugged me back. I really think this nigga is gay. He is just wayyy too over protective of Dre for my likings.  I decided not to say anything to Dre about the incident. Unfortunately I'm use to Miles making an ass of himself. I remember our freshman year of high school, the first time Miles started to bully me.

*4 Years Ago*

I was looking down at my new schedule trying to find my next class when all of a sudden I felt my hair being yanked. I winced in pain as Miles and his juvenile crew watched and laughed at my undeniable pain. I felt the water build up in my eyes but I refused to let them fall. Miles let go of my hair once he seen that he wasn't getting the reaction he wanted out of me. He became enraged and forcefully pushed me to the ground. He stood over me with his nostrils flared as if he were ready to attack me. I shut my eyes and prepared myself for impact but it never came. I slowly opened one eye and then both as I seen my knight in shinning armor pining Miles up against the lockers choking him out.

"Put your fucking hands on her again nigga and I'll break your fuckin neck" Brandon let him go and mugged his crew daring them to run up. They all ran down the hallway never looking back. After that encounter Miles never put his hands on me again. And that was the day that I fell in love with Brandon Davis.

*Present*

"Iight Niggs and Niggets, its the men against the girls." Tiffany and Briana rolled their eyes and gave me a disapproving look.

"I want to be on the team with my man." Tiffany spoke up referring to Kion.

"Ughh fine nigga, Kai you on the team with me and Miles." I walked over to their side and as I walked past Miles he mumbled something under his breath but I heard him loud and clear.

"Dumb ass bitch going to make us lose" He scoffed.

Thank God this is my last day in Virginia. Once, I'm gone I'm never looking back!

*********

Hey guys I'm sorry about the longggg delay but I'm back now!

Please give me some feed back and comment your thoughts.