four

❝  nothin' in life is perfect  ❞

*     *     *

his shaven hair caused his jaw to be more prompt to the eye. his hair colour brown, going with his eyes. he was the one that caused something in her stomach – the first time in awhile that she felt something. her jaw drops. she was still standing up, staring at the boy who was still sitting on the ground. oh, selena thought, does he not know how bad i am suffering?

but no, he didn't. he didn't know that leaving her when she needed him the most, in such a devastating moment of time would affect her as much as it did. he didn't know that she was suffering with not only depression, but with herself. he didn't know that she thought of dying, killing herself almost all the time – he only just witnessed one attempt.

both justin and selena have forgotten the person who was standing by the door. the guy didn't take much notice of selena's presence; "justin, you missed two commercial breaks. why are you out here?" and by that, selena walked past both the stranger and justin, leaving the room and attending the award show again.

*     *     *

why had justin seemed so fine with selena again, even when he saw her on the verge of committing suicide? selena didn't know. the award show eventually came to an end and selena was finally back at her house. somehow twitter opened up on her phone – selena pretended – and the tweet selena had been tagged in by justin bieber was on her screen. she had been re-reading the tweet, the six words over and over again – including the @ and hashtag. it wasn't like she had been obsessed with him – or her heart was totally shattered by him. she was merely affected by the break up. but it didn't stop her asking the same question again and again: why did he seem so okay with seeing selena like that?

as the days went on, selena soon forgot what happened between her and justin since she had new things on her mind. it had been awhile since she entered twitter again. but as she builded enough courage to, she did, since she needed to keep interaction with the fans – the label's words.

something was new, though, as she scrolled through her feed: she had a lot of dm's. clicking on the button that was three buttons away from 'home', she saw that it was all from one person. all saying the exact thing: hi. the person even tweeted the same thing, sending the tweet to her in the chat afterwards. cocky, selena thought, a smile twitching on the side of her lips.

@justinbieber:
hi.

selena did have the sudden urge to reply back, just to save his time, but she knew better. so she tweeted a tweet saying: 'hey', showing she could be cocky, too. she closes down the app afterwards, heaving a sigh.

/ /

a/n;
lmao i love cocky selena.

it's too hot in london ffs! it's five a.m. and i'm awake because it's too hot to sleep¡

next chapter will be up sometime later ♡