Steve/Reader - Did you know? - PART 1 (Civil War)

Main Characters:

Reader, Steve/Cap, Tony/IM, Bucky/WS, Zemo

Requested by nerd2000

IMAGINE: You find yourself in Siberia with Steve and Bucky. When Tony arrives you get caught in the crossfire, not knowing how or even if you can stop their fighting. Other than Steve who you're in love with, Tony is the most important person to you in the world, the closest thing you have to a Dad. It's tearing you apart seeing them fight like this. What do you do? How do you stop it? (Civil War)

Steve, Bucky and I had just touched down in Siberia on the hunt for Zemo, before he could reawaken from cryostasis the remaining five test subjects of the Winter Soldier program

All we knew was that he wanted to see an empire fall. What empire was that? The government, the world or The Avengers? If it was us he was definitely succeeding so far.

Thinking back to when we were being told to sign the Sokovia Accords I was reminded of the look Tony gave me when I sided with Steve over him. It's in my mind every day, haunting me, reminding me what I've lost, what we've all lost. I never knew my real family. I was in and out of the foster care system all through my childhood and into my teenage years. The only constant I had during my life in those early days, being my obsession with training and martial arts. One of my foster carers put me in for classes when I was 8. Said it would help with my anger issues. I needed discipline apparently. I was a master by the time I'd finished my studies. I could kill someone with my little finger if I really wanted to.

When I was 18 and had left school I got a job interning at Stark Industries in the lab. Tony and I hit it off straight away. I think he saw something of himself in me, the kid with no family, no one to turn to and no one to nurture them. Before long I had a full time job, an amazing salary, a home of my own and to top it all, a family. Tony had become the Dad I never had. We were closer than close, joined at the hip. Everything I know, I've learnt from him.

One of my jobs working for Tony was to go through old case studies, see if we could find any new developments or ways to move it forward. Whilst doing that I came across Howard's old research for the super soldier project. From that point on I was obsessed with everything Captain America. I put in all my time, all my energy to try and help find him after all those years in the ice. It took forever before we discovered something, discovered him.

From the moment I met Steve there was something there, some connection I'd never felt before. He was a man out of time, a man that just needed to be looked after. I was willing to do that for him, I wanted to do that for him.

Eventually Steve asked me out, we went dancing. It was the best first date I've ever had. We've been together ever since.

Steve and I started training together. We'd be at the gym every day. On one occasion, one that changed both our lives we were visited by the one and only Nick Fury. He came to try and recruit Steve to The Avengers and as a by-product saw my fighting ability and wanted to get me on board as well. We talked about it in length, for days, weeks even. Eventually we came to the mutual decision to give it a try. The world needed people to defend it. What a waste of a lifetime of fight training if I didn't use it for good. Once Tony, Thor, Bruce, Nat and Clint were on board The Avengers were complete. Over the last few years we've seen the additions of Sam, Vision, Wanda and occasionally Rhodes. That was the group. The group that then had to pick sides.