AGE OF INNOCENCE: 1 of 5

Chapter 2:

THE AGE OF INNOCENCE
YR. 01- " The Spirit Realm"

The North King's Palace sits upon the highest cloud in the sky, just out of reach of the sunlight, yet it is illuminated by his greatness and the greatness of his rule. A quartet of guard stand glimmering amidst the beautiful grasses that wave unto the edge of the polished aquamarine surface that lay welcomed stand to approaching visitors. The enormous doors, embedded with mosaic stone carvings and stapled jewels, sit half opened inward as a smooth gentle breeze of tropical fruit aroma escaped from within the walls of the palace. A small militia sits just inside, towards the eastern corner of the wall, which are followed and complimented by Generals whom watch as they drill and ceremoniously move with precision. The vast area of finely courted earth and dressed grass patch, lay beneath the feet of all that reside in the walls. Another gate towers and broods atop the grand staircase, made of marbled slate and precious metals, after one passes through the mass of people and market stables that set the city of Ævium and its royal towns. Dwarfing all that sit infront of it is a massive castle known as The North King Palace. Exquisite in view and omnipotent in sculpt, this gargantuan beauty easily suppresses ANY other eye pleaser and dominates the entire comprehension of what is beauty in art.

The North King's wife, Queen Lamentia, stands on the western balcony of the heirarchy tower on the east-wing and watches her beautiful people live in harmonic prosperity and generous appreciation. She watches as a known thief child, named Sergon, picks the pockets of snobby tourists and laughs at how clumsy their brains are when noticing their pouches are missing. Her slight girlish giggle floats with the breeze as it courses gently down. General Ozene, of the Royal Elite, catches the faint sound of her giggle, the soft scent of her perfume, the hue of her dress from his periphrial....

Gen. Ozene - "Odræs Nogæ!"

Capt. Aximese - "Nogæ!"

All in the area turned and bowed in silence as the general approached the front of the crowd and took honour in humbling by kneeling to one knee and drawing his sword, blade up. She looks in play, as she glances down, and gives a pardon of wave and appreciation. Everyone of the "rëinszins" cheer in her favor, for ALL loved her and dare not displease her because even with her pardon, the North King held ABSOLUTE RULE!

Prince Maumus of The Essence Kingdom, son of Kasrav and heir of Warrior King Varsak, approached the outter gates with a small contingient of warriors.

Maumas- " Saluvé!"

He speaks in a resting tone with his eyes focused on a young girl within the outter market area. His guard Acranon, son of legendary grace-king Heveticus, approached his right side and warded off the wayfarers passing.

Maumus- (translated) " I am here as patronage to the great North King...."

Guard 1- (common) " We salute you Prince Maumus...."

Guard 2- (common) ".....But your gruff needs to stay his feet or lose them!" (With a small chuckle)

Maumus- " How dare you threaten my Kruhasi?" "With such dishonour, you should put cock to mouth!"

Prince Maumus interjects with great prejudice and stern. His face grew silent and weary as his eyes began to tear. The guards stopped chuckling and looked upon the child with concern and question. " Prince Maumus, are you okay!?", asked one of the guards. The prince didnt answer but instead stood in silence as his eyes paraded about himself. The guard asked again while grabbing his staff, " Prince Maumus, what is wrong?" The prince opened his eyes very wide, pain seering through his entire body as the Kruhasi warrior pulled a bag from his back and tossed it to the closer guard. The guard catches the bag and its rope tie loosens. As the bag opened, the head of King Varsak rolled out of his hands.