Chapter 7

Misaki pov

I woke up smiling because the first thing that I see when I open my eyes is Usui. I stayed in bed, facing him, enjoying the view.

"How long are you going to stare at me like that?" His husky morning voice whispered, his eyes slowly flutter open.

I blushed "Good morning."

He replied me with a beautiful smile.

"Should we get up?" I asked.

He nodded and answered with a chuckle "probably, but I don't want to."

"Tsk such a lazy bum." I replied and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Besides a sick person needs to rest." He said while getting up and walking around the bed.

"You seem fine." He was standing I front of me now.

"I was talking about you." He pressed the back of his hand onto my burning forehead.

"For how long?" He removed his hand and dropped it back at his side.

"Late last night."

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"You already fell asleep." I shrugged "and it isn't serious." I had to start coughing right at that very moment, ironic.

"Right. Lay back in bed." He instructed.

"I don't want to." I whined. "I'll go freshen up." I said and walked off before he had the chance to say anything else.

I came out of the washroom to the smell of a heavenly breakfast of bacon and eggs.

"A breakfast fit for a princess." He said as he placed the plate in front of me.

I giggled "it looks delicious, Usui."

He pulled the chair and joined at the other side of the table.

"Let's eat!" He announced, happily and started to cut small pieces of the egg.

I cut a small price too and placed it in my mouth.

"How is it?"

"It's delicious." I commented.

He frowned "you don't seem like it."

I chuckled, seeing he saw pass me, I placed my utensils on the table. "Sorry, I don't really have the appetite."

He smiled at me warmly,reassuringly "It's okay. Why don't you go rest in the couch? You can watch some T.V." He suggested, pointing to the huge screen.

I shook my head "It's rather be with you."

He smiled, a little tint of pink was starting to shade his cheeks.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, going back to the most important meal of the day.

"A little light headed, nauseous but besides that I'm fine." I gave him a smile to prove it.

He nodded, unconvinced. He finished his food and cleared up the table, throwing my share away. I felt really bad that I wasted food but I couldn't force it down.

"Come on." He grabbed my cold hand. I got up and followed him to the couch.

He sat us down, wrapping his away rmb around me so that I was leaning onto him. I snuggled him up close.

"Have you told that cafe?"

I shook me head.

He pulled out his phone and started to type "Okay, done!"

I smiled "So, it's a rest day."

He nodded "And you need all the rest you can get." His hand touched my forehead again.

"Are you going to take care of me?" I acted slightly cute, with a small pout.

He pat my head "of course, leave it to Dr. Usui."

I giggled "Doctor?"

"Wait here." He got up and left the room for a brief moment. He came back carrying a small bucket of ice water and and cloth.

"Y...you don't have to do that!" I stammered in protest.

"Lie down." He instructed. I didn't. He walked towards me and before I knew it he laid me down on the couch.

He push my fringe out of my face, damp the cloth and disbelief slowly placed it on my forehead.

I shivered as it first touch.

"Is it too cold?"

I shook my head "No. It feels good."

"Do you need anything else?"

I shook my head. Coughing occasionally. "Just stay beside me."

He nodded and started to store my hair.

"I'm sorry, Misaki."

"Hmmm....sorry for what?"

He flashed me a smile before he fell to his side, his eyes closed and his breathing heavy.

"Usui!" I dropped down to his side. I saw the button already in his hands. I held onto him. The cloth has fallen from my head and onto the floor.

The doorbell rang, I got up unsteadily.

The paramedics came in with the stretcher.

"Will you be following, Miss?" One of them asked. I nodded.

"Miss, you don't look very well." Other commented as we walked down the hallway.

"I'm *coughs* fine. Just take *cough* care of him first."

He looked at me then at the other across the stretcher with a worried look. His friend just shrugged.

We got into the back of the ambulance.

The guy sat beside me.

My vision was foggy, my body felt numb and I was panting for air.

"Are you running a fever?" He asked.

I looked at Usui.

"Can you at least allow me to take your temperature?"

I nodded and followed his instruction as he placed the thermometer in my ear.

He took it out and faced the one seated opposite us. "She is running a dangerously high temperature, Sir."

"We'll have to admit her too. Contact the office."

"Yes sir." He did as he was told.

I was getting hard to fill my lungs with oxygen. Everything started to get blurry. I kept reminding myself that Usui meets me, I can't pass out.

"We're here, Miss." The guy told me and helped me down.

Usui was being pushed away but I was too weak to cash after it, there was no point in doing so anyway.

We reached inside the hospital.

The guy said something to the nearest nurse and a second later I was seated on a wheelchair.

"We'll take care of you so that you will very able to see him okay?"

I smiled abt the thought and nodded.

He pushed me into a room.

With his help I got into the bed, under the covers.

He told me told rest and that he will be back when it's time for my medicine. I just nodded and let my eyes closed.

He came back a while later to place a cold cloth on my forehead and left once again.

I was asleep almost immediately. I had a nice dream about Usui.

A nurse came back and gave me my medicine. I sat up.

"There someone here to see you." She said as she placed everything back nicely on the shelf top.

I simply nodded.

"Chief?" A smile grew as I saw her enter.