Conflict 4: Dislike

You stared outside the bedroom balcony, your head playing in a loop.

No. No.

Do it!

Your left brow twitched and so did your fingers. You inhaled, trying to calm down. You heart was squeezing painfully, suffocating you. Your skull felt like someone decided to pound it again and again until you fell unconscious only to wake up with the pain.

"Hey" You tensed when a hand clamped over her shoulder. You lifted your head and saw Kuro frowning.

"What's with that stupid look on your face? You've been staring outside for about sometime"

You hesitated to answer but she somehow felt as though he wouldn't let you go without a clear answer, "The truth is..."

"Huh? Speak louder. I hate mumbling" Kuro stated sharply, causing you to flinch slightly.

"You see I... I've been—" The mahogany doors flew open and Flavio appeared with his usual happy-go-lucky smile. "Bella, it's already five. I need you to get ready"

"Huh?" You blinked, rubbing your nose.

"Kuro, didn't you tell her like I asked you, too?" Flavio puffed his cheeks. Kuro ignored him and turned to you.

Luciano will be holding their annual Halloween Masquerade Ball tonight"

"'Their'?"

Kuro sighed "Honestly, you're hopeless. The ball has been a Vargas family tradition for decades. They hold it in honor of the Nine Great Houses"

'Well, excuse me for being 'hopeless' but it's not like you've been a warm housemate either...' you thought inwardly before asking again, "The 'Nine Great Houses?'"

Flavio answered instead "Italy, Germany, Japan, Canada, France, Russia, China, America, and England"

"Italy, Germany, Japan, Canada, France, Russia, China, America, and England? Wait just a second, aren't they...'

Seeing you grow even more confused he quickly ended the subject "Well, it's more a formality now so don't think too much about it, all right?" His magenta eyes glimmered coldly at the end, prompting you to nod obediently.

With that Flavio spun around light-heartedly as though nothing happened and clasped his hands together "I have something special for you, bella" He pushed you by the shoulders towards the doors, "Hurry now! It's almost time for the ball"

"Wait. Wait... and... open them!" Flavio removed his hands from your eyes, "Ta-da!"

You gasped. ​

"Well? Do you like it? Of course you like it! Tell me how much you like it!" He giddily squealed but you didn't reply. Instead, you stepped forward and circled the mannequin. You admired its beautiful gown. The skirt fell to the floor, adorned with an array of summer blue roses. The bodice was powder blue, lined with sequins. A blue rose rested daintily on the mannequin's head like a hairpin.

"Wow"

You wanted to say but you were too much in awe.

Flavio smiled and grabbed your hand "Come on, bella"

"Hm?"

"Let's put it on you!"

"Oh—what?"

Kuro let out an exasperated sigh once Flavio and Name had departed through the doors. He gripped his katana and also prepared to leave but his eyes narrowed and he turned to the vineyard below the balcony. With a sly smirk he muttered something and left the room.