Chapter Five

"I'm hardly perfect." I shrugged at him, trying not to let those words sink in too much. But to be completely honest, that sent shivers up and down my spine, sending a jolt of joy through my body.

     I liked, no, loved that he said I was perfect. All that Peter had done was tell me what to do. I despised that he was constantly on my mind, but I had his mark on my neck, where my shoulder met my neck. It was faint and faded, showing that he wasn't truly my mate, but still, some sort of magic had bonded us together, and I would do anything to get rid of it.

     Teddy put a plate of the omelette in front of me, smiling and nodding his head for me to eat it.

     I took a bite, staring at him the whole time, before nodding my head as the flavors invaded my mouth.

    I could taste the mushroom, tomato, the sweet taste of unions and a smoky hint of bacon, mixing with the eggs and spices that he had added. It was perfect.

    Without taking any time to savor it, I practically inhaled it. If I stayed, I would have more of this everyday if I stayed, which alone tempted me to stay. I couldn't help it, food was my weakness, and I was a bit too skinny. Being on the run didn't give you a lot of food.

      "So, we should probably take you to the pack healer before we leave,  you should meet Balbina too, she's my equal. Do you know how our packs work?" Teddy smiled at me, a genuine smile, and raised an eyebrow.

    "No, I'm assuming this pack works differently then the Timber Wolves." I said, pushing my plate toward him.

     "There's two sides to the pack. There's the leading side, that's my side, and then there's the spiritual side. The leading side of the pack is passed down by blood, so that's always a straight couple. The spiritual side is chosen, so any pup can be chosen for that side." Teddy started, grabbing my plate and putting it in the sink.

     "So let's start out with the easiest side to explain. That'd be the leading side. The titles go down by the Greek alphabet. I'm the Alpha, then the Beta, my second in command. His name is Grey, he's basically who people go to with issues that I don't want to or need to deal with. Then there's the Gamma, her name is Cherry. She's kind of like the head of military, if that makes sense." He ran a hand through his hair. I watched him as he spoke, and he was so passionate. I had never seen a man so happy to explain his pack to me. It became clear to me that this was nothing like what I was used to. This pack, despite it's size, it's reputation, was his life. And everyone in it was his family.

     "Then there's the ranks in larger scales. Delta's take care of the pack's public image among the supernatural community. There's Epsilon, they're the higher up warriors. They're spies, trackers, parts of being a warrior that are special, somewhat genetic and take a lot of training. I guess it stops with Zeta, those are the Warriors, but mostly we call them the Zeta, just because Warriors is a term more often used by smaller, more common packs and we are anything but that, so all of the four Gray Wolf packs have Zeta, not Warriors.

     "Lastly we have the Omega's. We have the most Zeta, naturally, but our second largest group is the Omega's. They take care of the nursing mother's, take care of orphans and do a lot of house work and such. It's not a request that they clean for us; our Omega's are treated just as any other pack member, simply because we are all wolves and rank shouldn't matter too much. But they choose to serve, it's their natural instinct." Teddy finished his speech, grinning like a madman at me.

     "Then we have the spiritual side. You might've noticed that ranks are named after the Greek alphabet, but we have a little bit of Latin mixed in, too. There's three leaders, Videns, our Seer. She can speak to our ancestors and posses magic no ordinary wolf can. Videns are always orphans and are raised by the current Videns and her mate, which has no formal title. She's highly respect however, and a body guard of sorts. Then there's  Medicus, our Healer. These aren't their formal titles, though. I know these people and they certainly aren't named Medicus or Videns."