t w o

it has been a week, but her scent still lingers. 

soft, amber rays peeked from behind the clouds, gently caressing the land. they reminded him of her — her delicateness when she gave him the navy coloured coat that is now cradled in his arms. stumbling upon a tailor shop that has not opened for business yet, junmyeon sits at the stone steps that lead to the door. 

people that woke up early for a jogging session take more than a mere glance at him. he is, after all, clad in torn and tattered clothes. dirt is splattered on them and he vaguely remembers the fight he had with wild dogs for scraps of leftover food a few days ago. 

now he's starving again.

but who would care for him, really? just another homeless boy, waiting to freeze to death in the streets.

just as he's about to drift off to sleep, a pair of mary jane shoes comes into view. his ears perk at the all-too-familiar voice and his eyes widened immediately. 

"mummy asked if you want to go to a children's home? she said there will be kind sisters and brothers there to help you." that voice. her twinkling eyes. crouching next to him, under the dazzling sunlight, she radiates even more.

the mention of children's home, however, causes junmyeon to shake his head frantically. he adverts his gaze and pushes the coat to the girl, once again ready to bolt. 

a hand rests on his arm, gently stopping him. the warmth travels past his skin and warms him deep within. he feels an overwhelming urge to snuggle into the comforting warmth.

"wait." the girl glances back at her mum for a moment. the lady, clad in a simple modest outfit, nods. she turns back to junmyeon. "you can come and stay with us for the moment. we can't bear to leave you here in this cold. you'll freeze to death!"

he waves both of his hands to reject the offer, but the growling of his stomach tells her otherwise. a shade of red on his ears intensifies quickly. 

when he stands up with her, she drapes the coat over him. she points to her own wine red one and said she's already warm enough.

and for the first time, not because of the coat, he feels warm enough too.