f i v e

'this morning, 2 corpses were found in the riverbanks at seattle, spotted by a couple who was having their usual jogging routine. numerous slash wounds were found across their bodies. tiny, sharp objects that have been identified as glass shards were found embedded in one of their-'

he switches the television off and is about to head back to his room when a burly haired man walks into the living room with his eyebrows raised. "junmyeon, why did you turn that off? i wanted to catch up with the news."

"oh, dad." he answers, slightly startled. since that is the case, he takes hold of the remote control and switches the tv on again. blurred out images of the 2 victims flash on the screen, causing the boy's throat to tighten.

his dad plops down on the sofa, eyes scanning the description that scrolled on the screen. "woah, how inhumane."

junmyeon turns to look at him. "sorry?"

"the killer. i mean, look at those wounds! he must be a cruel and heartless person."

junmyeon chuckled half-heartedly. "y-yeah. such people should be damned to hell, huh?"

"i swear i'll hunt them down myself. they don't deserve to live anyway." his dad replies casually, eyes still glued on the screen. subconsciously, junmyeon's eyes flicker to the police uniform hanging proud at the doorway. his dad takes pride in his job.

he excuses himself and walks back to his room.

shutting the curtains, he let himself drown in the darkness.