Chapter 1

Dedicated to @Alicehaibara for making me a cover. c:! This book used to be titled Bromance Blues

 c:! This book used to be titled Bromance Blues

Cody

"Should we let him go up there?" I shouted over the techno music at Mason. 

I watched Mason's brother, Noel, sway dangerously from side to side as he walked up some unstable looking stairs, which lead to an equally unstable looking stage. Both were clearly past their prime, having to endure beer showers and who knows what other fluids students shed on an average Thursday night at the bar. 

Noel reached the top of the stairs, his mop of black hair dancing as he jumped on stage. The techno dimmed to background noise, and with said music gone, I heard Mason letting out a hoarse laugh. Small dimples played at the corners of his mouth, and his light eyes shone with humor. 

"Sure we should stop him, mom. Along with giving him the 'don't drink in excess' lecture that's about two hours too late. But I personally hope Noel makes an ass of himself in front of his entire uni." 

"So much love between you and your brother."

"Aww," Mason cooed, flinging an arm around me. He reached for my face, and squeezed my cheek, "But you know you're still my favourite target right, Codykins?"

"Dude, get off," I laughed, jerking my head to the side.

Still grinning as well, Mason got his hand out of my face, but kept his arm casually resting around my shoulders. He combed his hand through his vivid blue hair. 

I kind of had to get used to the blue. I would never ever dare to dye my hair such a bright color, but Mason did without a care in the world. Never knew when he'd get bored of it and the next colour would come along either. 

On stage, Noel tapped the microphone, "Good evening ladies and gentlemen!" he called out with fervor, his deep voice resounding through the bar. "Welcome to our little after intro party! You all having a good time?"

The crowd cheered in affirmation. I brought my hands together to clap too, but clearly with less enthusiasm than some others. 

There were lots of familiar faces in the sea of people around me. Mostly Noel's college friends, which made sense considering this was kind of their party. Zoey and Yue, two of Mason's friends, were also standing in front of me. Occasionally they glanced around, leaned towards each other, and said something in the other's ear. Along with Mason they were probably the biggest gossips I knew. 

Noel waved for the crowd to quiet and the applause faded out. "We're about to make this party even better! Yeah, I know right, better? How?" 

He raised his own cup, beer gushing over the edge, "I have a game for you all. Come on, an after intro party isn't complete without a few drinking games am I right? So we're all going to need a beer in our hands. Ladies, gentlemen, if you'd be so kind?"