Prologue

Please tell me you guys are excited to read this new thriller. I promise you, action packed and constant cliffhangers. I hope you all love it as much as I enjoy writing it.

  Vote, comment and fan me. I love you all! x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  The boot grounded into my throat, cutting off my supply of oxygen… Black stars danced in front of my vision, making it impossible to see the ceiling of the abandoned warehouse. I felt a wave of despair and agony wash over me as I tried to accept my fate. I tried to pray. It was a ridiculous thing to do, but I had thought it was the end then. The end of my life. That second. Under the leather boot of Jonathan. I sent up a silent prayer, to anyone who’d listen, to forgive me for my sins…

  ‘What shall it be, princess?’

  That voice, cruel and menacing, jolted me back to the present. Although I could hardly resist, weak and suffocating, I trained my eyes on him. A sick twisted smile played around his mouth and I struggled to find something to say. I couldn’t think properly, I was on the edge of blacking out. I wanted to die. I wanted it to be quick and painless. But that would never happen, not when it involved Jonathan. Jonathan. Someone I should’ve killed a long time ago. Someone who I should’ve gotten rid of to avoid the situation right now.

  ‘I won’t tell you,’ I managed to spit out, then watching in horror as his eyes flashed then felt the pressure at my neck increase. I spluttered blood. I could feel the salty coppery taste fill my whole mouth and a few drops landed on his boot. My hands fluttered at my sides, but I couldn’t gather the strength to lift them up or defend myself in any way.

  Oh God, please don’t let me die like this. I can’t die like this…

  ‘Aria. Aria, you were always my favourite,’ he murmured, though the pressure didn’t lessen, ‘you don’t have to put yourself through this. Tell me what I want to know and I’ll let you leave. Unscathed.’ The words were full of promises, but I knew better. It was a lie. He never intended for me to live. Not even from the beginning.

  ‘I’m sorry…’ I croaked, my voice barely above a whisper, I wanted to stand straight and bellow it out while staring him down but I wasn’t in any shape to do that, was I? ‘I can’t.’

  ‘Then I’m sorry too.’ He said as he bent down, holding a knife to my throat. I swallowed hard and looked into his hollow eyes, they were merciless, soulless, and I knew he’d do anything to achieve what he wants. I have to protect the boy who I loved very much. I couldn’t let Jonathan find him.

  ‘Don’t,’ I whispered, ‘I’ll tell you.’

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote if you're interested to learn more about Aria and what led her to become an assassin in the first place!