2.

~9 years ago~ (Robin is 8)

I had been living in a forest for around a year now, my only company being the animals and with them I have learnt to develop my mutation. I can now talk with them and heal them but I have yet to learn to bring them back to life, if I can even do so.

I have also learnt ways I can become like them, for example if I was to hold a bird for long enough I could have its ability to fly but only for a limited time, nothing has ever been permanent .

But i hope one day after so many times it will become part of me so I no longer have to use the animals and their ability will come to me as I wish, but I doubt my mutation would be that great.

I was brought out of my thoughts by the sound of the bushes behind me rustling, I focuses my mind to nth animals behind the bushes and was relieved to know it was just a wolf I had come into contact with a few weeks back when hunters were out shooting and wounding at least half of his pack.

With my help and a lot of my energy the pack made a full recovery, but sadly one of the youngest had still yet to recover, with most of my energy gone I couldn't heal him without putting my life in danger.

Sensing another presence with him I pushed the bushes away only to find a limp pup in his mouth.

I gasped in horror taking the pup into my arms looking for any sign of life pushing my focus to the farthest parts of the pups mind. Nothing.

With tears in my eyes I held the pup close pulling the larger whimpering world into my arms, I'm sorry, i sent to the wolf.

I could feel its presence moving away from me in what felt like... Fear? Why would he be scared of me.

I opened my blurry eyes only to see a bright light coming from my hands and odd markings being engraved into my hands and arms. I gasped in shock, what am I doing?

Soon the light faded away and the wolf ran over to me after hearing small gentle whimpers coming from the pup, it was alive? I stared at my hands in shock as some of the markings faded but a beautiful black design was left on both of my hands.

I handed the pup gently over to the cautious wolf and as soon as it had the pup it ran of faster than I could question.

Had I unlocked a new side to my mutation? Was the key to my mutation emotion or was it just luck? All these questions spun around in my young mind, but I knew I would have to wait a long time for them to be answered.