Waves

I can smell the lingering ocean air on my skin, the blazing sun beating down on my tan skin.

You grab my hand and tug me along till we reach the cold salt water. You

I shove you into the water and watch you plunge into the unknown.

You soon emerge and flash your pearly white teeth. You are drenched from head to toe.

Your black hair flopping everywhere and beautiful dark tanned skin glistening covered in lingering water droplets.

I remember these days. The days where we would lay down on the sand and make our version of "sand angles".

Your laugh so hearty, your skin electrifies me every time we touch.

Your deep brown eyes seeing right through me every time.

I miss these days with you by my side, I miss you like the ocean misses the waves.

Crish after Crash following one by one.

When I looked into your eyes, I saw nothing.

That's the scary part.

The last thing I hear is the sound of you hearty laugh fading away and the waves crashing upon one another.

"Crish" "Crash" as everything fades into oblivion.

My eyes flutter open, I wake up sitting in my bed, tangled in sheets. Sweat and tears drip down my face.

I miss the waves, I miss the sunshine.

Most importantly I miss you.

I miss you like the ocean misses the waves.

"Crish, Crash, Crish, Crash".