V

I hum as I slide my fingers through my hair, taking down every knot in the way. The ceiling looked very dull and I was honestly getting very annoyed at the colors of the place.

"Princess?" The front door closed shut with a heavy thud before the sound of Daddy dropping something echoed down the hall. "Princess?" I jumped off the bed and grabbed a shirt hanging on the knob of the wall before throwing it over my head.

"Yes, Daddy?" There were a few shopping bags around him as he took his shoes off and shook his head, small droplets falling to floor.

"Princess!" He smiled widely and walked over to me in quick strides, pressing his lips onto mine in a delicate manner. "I've got news."

"What news?" I asked smiling at his joyful attitude. "You went shopping?" I asked tilting my head to the side to see the bags.

"Only for you." He held my waist. "Baby girl, we got an invitation to the President's funeral." I stared at him wide eyed.

"The first Lady now?" He nodded excitedly. "I don't have a black dress." I whined, he laughed and kissed my lips once more.

"I know, angel. I bought you a nice dress and I also brought over your favorite food, from your favorite restaurant." I smiled at him and followed him into the kitchen.

"Why are you so happy daddy?" I asked sitting down at the stool.

"Because I love and I appreciate my princess very much. Can't I be happy?" I quickly nodded and rested my chin at the palm of my hand.

"Who's doing it?" I asked as Daddy took out two to go plates from a black bag. He looked up and smiled before he winked my way. "Am I doing it?" He shook his head, taking out two plastic forks.

"Here you go, angel." He smiled before he walked over the counter and sat next to me, both of us digging into our food. "How is it?" He asked excitedly to which I laughed.

"Is amazing as always." I said before I stuffed my mouth with the amazing food. "But, I'm serious." Daddy gave me an innocent smile as he stuffed an insane amount of food into his mouth. "Daddy slow down you'll choke." I giggled.

"Sorry, baby girl. I'm nervous. But, I'll do it... I just don't want to at the same time." He confessed, slumping on his stool as he now carelessly poked his food around with the fork. "I'm afraid if I do it, I'll hurt you. Do you remember the last time I killed someone?"

I nodded, turning back to my food poking it like he did. Last time he took care of someone he had lost all control. Back to when we started knowing each other more. He had told me what he did, he got rid of people and ran some dirty, blood stained money along with drugs, but I told him it was okay. It was part of him. That was the last time he had ever killed someone according to his best friend and he was always like that. Daddy had strangled the person and then chopped the body to small pieces before bathing all over the blood and coming after me. It was also the first time I'd ever seen him kill someone. For some unknown reason I didn't have the urge to scream, run away, or simply pass out. I stood next to Daddy's best friend as he smoked a cigarette and counted greens, Daddy straddled the man and laughed whenever he tried to fight him off. Then he snapped their necks and chopped the waist first. I watched as he laughed and ran his fingertips all over his pale cheeks and drew small dots on his forehead, before he saw me. Like an animal seeing his prey he tilted his head to the side, stared at me as I did the same with a neutral expression on. He then smirked, looking at me through his eyelashes and charging towards me. Thank god! Daddy's friend was there to snap him out of it or I would've been his next victim that day.

I think Daddy kept me because I didn't run away the moment he told me he killed people and much less when I witnessed him do it. He also kept me the first time he told me he loved me was when I first slit his enemy's throat. For some other reason he loved to bathe in his victim's blood, thing he taught me. The night I killed someone for the first time, he looked at me with so much excitement in his eyes before he grabbed my hand gently and lead me towards the mess of blood seeping out of the man's throat.