Friendship

There are two things on my mind right now- my newfound friendship with my kind, compassionate classmate Taro Yamada, and the feel of his soft hands touching me-not in some perverse fantasy, but it's a warm thought that creeps into my mind. The only person I want to see today is Taro.

It's been a couple of days since I've confessed to Osana. I've managed to avoid her ever since. Whenever I see her in the hallways I duck my head in a book or my locker. Sometimes I gather bits and pieces of what she's saying, and she still seems pissed about what happened. It was just a love confession, not an admission to murder. Over the summer, even the thought of her long pigtails brought life to my world, as if life were a blank canvas before being colored by Osana's influence of my heart.

I was a damned fool. I should have never fallen in love with her. It was too fast, too spontaneous. Perfect romances that happen on the first day of high school only happen in anime anyways, and I'm not cut out to be some all-loving hero. I'm socially awkward, not too good-looking, not like Budo or Haruto Yuto, and I don't stand out from my classmates. The students of Akademi high are very unique in appearance. Kokona Haruka has very large breasts, Sakyu and Inkyu Basu both look like they could be some sort of seductress from hell. Osana and her long ass pigtails. Ayano Aishi sometimes crawls on the floor. Taro on the other hand, is the definition of normal, maybe even boring to some people,and that's what makes him unique.

Ever since the first day, I started spending more time with Taro Yamada. Whenever we saw each other in the morning, we would always stop to talk about the weather, and when we're in the hallways, he says "Hey Shin." and waves. I normally wave back, but he never hears me when I say hi back (I managed to speak slightly over a whisper sometimes). I eat at his table with his friends. Haruto Yuto and Sota Yuki sit between us. They're also Taro's friends. I'm a little jealous that they're closer to him. Taro never starts the conversation, but he does seem to enjoy the conversation. Yesterday he gave me his pudding. I still have it, just in case he wants it back.

I haven't been allowed to participate in Gym class due to the nurse's orders, but I finally convinced her that I'm well enough to join in with the others. Taro has the same class as I do, so I felt more confident to participate. After leaving the locker room, I search around the flocks of people standing in their own little group circles waiting for the coach to begin today's class. A hand touches my shoulder, and my heart beats faster.

"Hey. Shin. I'm glad to see you here. Do you want to play basketball?" says a familiar voice. Even though I knew who it was, I was to happy to see Taro.

"Y-Yeah..." I say, with my face turning red.

"Good. Coach picked us to be a partners before you showed up, but I told her that you were here. And that there was a Shin here..." he said, trailing off the last part of his sentence.

"Thank you...Taro...." I have this problem with looking directly at him. It's like he's staring into my soul. I've never had this problem with-

"OSANA! Quit hogging the ball!" screamed Midori, awkwardly trying to steal the ball from her, but Osana instead threw it on the ground. She's still wearing her polka dotted socks.

"Well then quit being SUCH a SUCKY player! Why don't you call Yandere Dev for help or something?" she said in a very harsh tone. The other girl, Kokona Haruka, picked up the ball and handed it to Midori, who greedily grabbed it as if it were treasure. Sports must bring out the worst in people.

"Come on Osana, it's just some stupid game. Nobody really cares anyways, so let's just sit back and watch the guys play." said Kokona, eyeing Juku Ren and Sho Kunin trying to take down Budo in a really unfair 2 on 1 game.

"Hmph!" hmphed Osana. She looked like a spoiled brat.

Not wanting to stare at the others anymore, I volunteered to get a ball for Taro and his friends. There were a lot of people around the gym running around and some were not even playing specific games- Midori Gurin started spinning around in a circle for some reason- and there was only one ball left on the rack. Me and two other hands gripped it at the same time.

"It's mine, you BAKA. I saw it first!". I looked deep into Osana's eyes and gazed at her unapologetic anger at me, as if she too were staring into my soul just to hate it.

"i-..." was all the came out of me.

"What? Are you going to argue with me?Over a BALL?"

"It's...mine... You had your own." And with that, I snatched the ball out of her hands, which caused her to slightly lose her balance. I continued to make my way back to Taro, when suddenly I felt hands on my back. Next thing I know, I 'm on the ground. Did she just push me, over a ball? "Jerk!" is all that I hear. The next thing I hear is laughter. I fell on my face.

"Mommy, I don't want to!"

"Please...Shin...Mommy can't take anymore of this. Now listen. It will all be over if you just-"

"No! I don't want to!"

"Listen to your mother, you brat!"

"No! Mommy, don't let him take me!"

"Shin? What are you doing!?! W-where did you go? Shin? SHIN!?! NO!! SHIN!!"

"SHIN. Are you alright?"

I remember where I am and realize I'm sitting on a bench. Taro's with me, holding a towel to my head. He tells me that I fell, and that people were laughing at me.

"I'm fine...really." I respond, still flustered over the embarrassment. I remember something. "Did...Osana...did Osana push me...?"

He averts his eyes away from mine. "Yeah...that's Osana for you." he says that last part with a small smile, like he's trying to reassure me that what just happened was some cute little antic. "Here. Drink some water." He leaves his water bottle next to me before going back to the game, which they've apparently started without me.
.
.
After Gym, I change out of my not-so smelly clothes and catch Taro right before he leaves the room. We don't have the same class today after Gym, so I thought I could walk with him for the rest of the way to his class. He greets me, but doesn't say much during the rest of the way, which disappoints me because he is usually the one making small talk on the way.

Then, my phone starts buzzing. Which is odd, no one calls me. When I turn it on, a large message pops up telling me that someone has sent me a video message. I click the link, and I see an image of me and Osana on the top of the page. The video is a loop of Osana pushing me to the ground, which apparently looks hilarious from an outside point of view. It's titled "Osana Pushes JERK to the Ground".

I recognize some of the students commenting on the video, and some I don't recognize. But the thing that disturbed me is that they were calling me by name. Shin Higaku- I know that kid, it's Shin- He's in my first period! He's in my lunch! He walks home on my route. One particular comment stood out to me- Osana's. UGH, He TOTALLY deserved it ANYWAY! He was like, being completely obsessive with the ball, it was so ANNOYING! And besides, I totally remember him COMING ON TO ME on the first day of freaking school! This guy's a freak and completely had this coming! Her comment had many likes.

I can't believe is happening. The only time someone- my whole GRADE, notices me, it's when I'm publicly humiliated? I can't believe this... Wait. Has Taro seen the video?

Oh God, If Taro had saw that video.

He'll think so less of me.

He'll think I'm a loser.

He'll think he made a mistake in becoming my friend.

He'll want to stop being my friend. My only friend. I'll be all alone again, and nobody will ever respect me again. He'll make fun of me. He'll hate me. They all hate me.

Everybody hates you, you little monster. You WILL get what you deserve.

He'll- He'll- I- I-

will not let that happen.

Osana Najimi is trying to destroy my friendship with Taro Yamada. I will not let that happen. I won't let that happen. She won't stop our friendship. Nobody will.

Taro Yamada has made me feel more determined than ever.

the beginning of Yandere Shin is finally complete! stay tuned for the next part!