Chapter 24.

There's a short pause and the room is silent. Niall is now sitting on Harry's lap, gazing down at Harry as Harry's fingers play against Niall's hot skin. They're cuddling together and it's sweet and innocent, like they just have to be with each other after the past events and that's okay.

"Negotiate?" Harry repeats.

He stiffens against Niall, his fingers tightly gripping against Niall's hips. Niall wets his lips and blushes slightly, fingering nervously on the loose thread of Harry's shirt next to his collar, his arms wrapped around Harry's neck.

"Well, yes," Niall starts, "Tell her that you'll only give her the money if she stops leaking pictures of us." Niall explains.

Oh.

Why didn't Harry think of that?

"You do realize though, that once I give her the money she won't stop asking for more?" Harry asks.

"You mean, once we give her money." Niall corrects him. 

Harry frowns at that. 

"No, Niall. I'm not letting you get involved in this." He protests.

"But I already am, whether you like it or not."

"No and I'm not telling you. That's an order. You're not getting into this." Harry shakes his head. This is Harry's problem, not Niall's. Harry was the one who dated Hannah, not Niall. It didn't feel right for Harry to ask Niall of this.

"I doubt she'll stop with the pictures though." Niall reasons and Harry hums in agreement. "She's probably doing this to get back at you."

Yes. That and to break your heart.

"Yes," Harry agrees, "Which means she won't get her money."

Oh.

"Look, you better go back to work. I don't wanna keep you from it." Harry pulls himself away from Niall and Niall frees himself from Harry, reluctantly letting go and heading back into the office. Harry exhales sharply and runs a hand through his hair.

His eyes felt tired and sleepy and his head hurt from over-thinking. No matter what happened, he had to keep Niall out of this. Niall had nothing to do with this. 

After work, Niall headed home. He decided to walk to and from work because it was such a lovely day today, they were heading straight into summer. But it just happened  to be that on his walk, he bumped into her.

Hannah.

She's standing at an alleyway, next to one of the old music stores, a music store that Niall used to work at while he was in university. He couldn't help the anger that boiled, that pulsed through his veins at the sight of her. He's not jealous of her. No, it was far from jealousy. He just...he hated her and no matter how hard he tried to hide his feelings, he failed epically. He hates her because she had Harry wrapped around her little finger. Even though they're not together anymore, even though they've both moved on, Harry would still go to her with a click of his fingers. Not because he's weak or pathetic but because it's who Harry is.

Harry's just too nice to say no.

And Niall will be screwed sideways if Harry goes ahead with Hannah's demand and gives her the money.

Niall approaches Hannah, with confidence and determination. He sinks his hands in his pockets but as he nears her, he realises she's not alone. There's a guy standing next to her, holding a joint in his mouth and smoking it like he was in sheer heaven. The smoke erupts from the join and bowls into Niall's face, causing him to cough and splutter. Hannah laughs and giggles.