the one with the hix

Clint lay in his bed asleep with Tasha, Tony and the twins sitting at his side. Amy looked up at he father with sparkling blue eyes and tugged on his shirt "papa" she whispered. Tony looked down at her "yes honey" "can I spweak to da baby?" She asked. Tony smiled and looked to Tasha for her awnser. She smiled and nodded, then pulled the covers down a bit, exposing his seven month pregnant belly and patted the space next to Clint "go on sweetie" she cooed.

Tony helped her crawl upon the bed and she placed both her little hands on his protruding stomach. She giggled when she felt it kick and push against her left hand. With an encouraging smile from Tasha and her father, she rested her forehead on his bump and began taking to the baby, well more like babbling but they could understand her. "Hi baby, mi nam's Amy, and wou's daddy es amwazing, wou ar the wuckyest baby in da wowld, we wuv wou vewy much" she cooed.

At the end of Amy's little speech, everyone had tears in their eyes, even layla. Tasha tucked some of Amy's hair behind her ear "awww, *sniff* thank you honey, that was very sweet of you" she softly exclaimed. Amy smiled at her then jumped when Clint stired. He opened his eyes and Tony helped him slowly sit up. "Hey Amy" he yawned "um, hi uncle Clint" she replied shyly. Clint giggled weakly and rested his hand atop his swollen stomach "hmm, the baby's very calm" he said to himself. Then the baby pushed against his hand, making him smile "there it is". Tony sat her back on his lap again "Amy was just talking to the baby, it was very cute" he explained.

Clint awww'ed "you're a mushy little thing aren't you" and the baby kicked in protest. Clint winced and adjusted his position "alright, sorry" he apologised, trying to get the baby to stop kicking him. The baby did it again, but harder. Clint hissed "owww, no hitting, if you're gonna do that, do it gently" he yelled at his bump. Tasha layed on the bed next to him and gently massaged his belly "he'll calm down, how are ya feeling?" She asked. Clint blew some hair out his face "fine, better, hungry, wanna get uuup" he dragged out. Tasha sighed "fine, you can get up, but we're keeping a close eye on you" she caved. Clint did a mini first pump and Tony helped him off the bed.

They all walk to the lounge, Clint waddling with them. When they reach the lounge, the twins run off to play with aunt loki and Tasha goes to fetch something to eat for Clint. "Only two months now Clint, you excited?" Tony asked. Clint glared at him, he just pissed off a hormonal, pregnant guy. Clint's right eye twitched "excited, excited!?!, why the fuck would you ask that?!?, I-" Clint yelled then doppled over in pain "ah!". Bruce shot up and over to Clint, placing one hand on his lower back and the other on his stomach "ow ow ow ow" Clint whined in pain. Bruce scowled at Tony "what did you do to him?!" He yelled.

Tony put his hands up in defence just as Tasha came back over. "AHHH" Clint cried. Bruce suggested getting him to the lab and they both agreed, actual words from Tasha and a growl from Clint.

Once in the lab, Clint layed on a white bed and Bruce asked Jarvis to do a quick scan of him. Tasha held his hand and gave him little kisses on his forehead, cheek and lips. "Scan is complete sir" Jarvis announced. Bruce took his glasses off and fiddled with them. Nervous tick. "Well..." Bruce said expectantly "there is nothing wrong with either Mr Barton or his baby" Jarvis began to explain. Clint grunted and took a deep breath through the next wave of pain "then what the fuck is going on?!" He yelled. Tasha calmed him "Jarvis, finish explaining please" she said. "Mr Barton is just experiencing braxton hix contractions, these will prepare him for the real thing, most don't even feel them" Jarvis finished.

Clint grew more angry "hey, no uterous, no opinion!" He yelled. Bruce have him a confused expression "um, Clint...you don't have a uterous, or do you?". Clint growled "well how do you think I'm carrying this goddamned baby!" He screamed and tightly shut his eyes when a sharp pain waved over his stomach. "Sir, I suggest Mr Barton calms down, the baby is stressing too much and their heart rate is climbing" Jarvis warned. Tasha told Clint to take deep breaths and held his hand, using her free hand to rub calming circles on his belly "calm down sweetie, you're hurting daddy" she spoke softly to their child. She felt the baby push up against her hand, gently and Clint sighed in comfort, laying his head down on the bed.

Tasha smiled and placed a kisses just above his belly button "thank you sweetie". As their baby calmed down, Clint called as well, then son fell fast asleep.