Chapter 10 : Starbucks and Perceptions

The next day, Sam was surprised that Mike was actually parked outside her house at 7 in the morning. She assumed that he wasn't serious. Turns out she was wrong. When she went downstairs, her mom was in the kitchen. 

" Good Morning, mom", said Sam. Her mom looked at her. 

" Would you mind explaining why there is a young man with a car parked outside our house", she said with her hand on her hips. Sam explained,

 " That's Mike, he's picking me up for breakfast", she said. Her mom had a look on her face. 

"Really, that's sweet of him", she said smiling. 

" Relax, Mom its just breakfast", she said chucking. Her mom smiled and kissed her goodbye. Sam left her house and walked towards Mike. Mike smiled when he saw her. 

" Good Morning, beautiful ", he said leaning against his car. She laughed. 

 " Right, ok. Good morning", she said. He held the door for her and she got into the passenger seat. 

" So where are we going for breakfast", she said while looking for the radio station. Mike thought about it. 

" I figure we get some Starbucks and bagels then we'll head on to school", he said smiling.

 " Sound good," she said. They drove around the area. While they were in the car, the radio station put on " Lego House" by Ed Sheeran. Sam found herself singing along to the song. Then Mike joined in. They sang along to the song until they reached Starbucks.

The place smelled of coffee and brownies. They walked in and stood in line. Mike asked Sam what she wanted on her bagel.

 " I'll take a bagel with cream cheese", she said looking for her wallet. "Good choice, I'll take the same", he said. They moved up the line. Sam was moving up when she bumped to a guy. " Oh my god, I'm sorry", said Sam apologizing to him. The guy had black hair and brown eyes. He was wearing a grey shirt and jeans.

" Its Ok, really", he said. Sam still looked guilty. She was about to apologize when a girl stood next to him. " I thought you were going to get us coffee and come back ", the girl said. She was blonde with blue eyes. She was wearing a grey top and jeans. She noticed Sam. 

" I'm sorry, are we in your way? Sorry, my boyfriend was supposed to get us coffee before we left for school. My name's Cleo Hart, and this is my boyfriend Landon James", she gestured to Landon. Sam was surprised when Mike came by and put his arm around her. 

" Hey, who are your friends?", said Mike holding the coffees and bagels in a bag.Sam was about to introduce them when Cleo beat her to it. She took out her hand, " I'm Cleo and this is my boyfriend, Landon", she said nudging her boyfriend. Landon gave him a nod. " We were just heading to get coffee when we bumped into your girlfriend here, I'm sorry I didn't catch you name", said Cleo blushing.

 " Its Sam,", she said. Mike looked at her. " I'm Mike" he said and shook their hands. It was interesting to meet new people. Sam noticed how comfortable they were with each other. Cleo was hugging Landon's waist.

"Well, we better go, or we're going to be late right, babe?", said Mike kissed her forehead. " Um right,its nice to meet you guys", she said. As they left, they heard Cleo and Landon talking.

 " You see how affectionate Mike was with Sam, why can't you be that way with me", said Cleo as she put her hand on her hips. Landon said that he wasn't comfortable with PDA in public.

When Mike and Sam got in the car, 

" So, they were interesting," said Mike changing the radio.