The Talk

4 Years Later~

It took about a year or so for Jade to try and forget as much as she could about Alex. But it's not like Jade actually could just forget or simply erase. The idea of doing that was way to easy, but the act of doing it was the hardest. To cope, Jade became more cold hearted. She thought that by numbing herself to the outside world, then the thought of Alex leaving her would lessen.

The only thing this idea led to was Jade becoming more arrogant, impatient, manipulative, and if possible even more intimidating. People feared her before, but now it was different, people did whatever she did no questions asked, people knew not to question her and were always on edge around her.

It also didn't help that over the last four years Jade's power, wealth, and influence tripled. She did nothing but work and work not taking any breaks or vacations. She needed something to take her mind off her heartbreak, she found that by working and winning court cases took some of the pain away. 

As Jade was busy working on a new case,  a knock on the door made her stop working.

"Come in." She called out while continuing to write and make notes. 

"Jade." Xavier said walking in.

"It's Ms. Swine." Jade responded in a demanding voice.

"Oh come on we're not just co-workers but good friends Jade." Xavier said taking a seat in front her.

It was true, Xavier and Jade have been good friends since high school. They acted more like siblings than simply just friends.

"We're at work and I'm your boss." Jade said with the same tone as before.

"Ok fine, Ms. Swine." He said.

"Why are you here?" Jade asked putting down her pen finally acknowledging his presence.

"You have your annual donation break. I was wondering where you're planning to go this year." He said. Every year Jade would travel around the world and make a donation to a charity, hospital, orphanage, nursing home, anything that was dedicated to helping people.

"I'm thinking somewhere in England." She said leaning back in her chair.

"Hm, sounds good. So do you know what you're looking for? Who you're donating to this year? How much you're donating?" He said firing question after question.

"No. No. No. And no. I'll think of that later." Jade said and began typing something on her laptop.

"So unorganized." He joked making Jade roll her eyes.

"I just don't have time right now Xavier." Jade answered.

"You never have time for anything anymore except work. When's the last time you even went out and had fun." Xavier exclaimed.

"I don't waste time doing things that are not important." Jade said.

"You're not getting any younger you know." He said.

"Thanks you fuck face. I don't need you reminding of my age." Jade answered annoyed.

"30." He said making Jade throw her pen at his face which Xavier blocked with his hand. "Rude!" 

"I don't need you yelling my age at me. I know it very well." Jade said letting out a long sigh. "What's the point of you telling me that?" Jade said feeling that the conversation was going no where.

"My point being that you should be looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with. You shouldn't just be locked up in your office working on court cases." Xavier said making Jade raise an eyebrow.