Chapter Seven: Part Two: Turf War

"I told you to tone it down in front of other people..." Duane's face was beat red and his voice was breathless.

"Well then don't tease me. When you put your hands on me I can't help myself." Frank replied, obviously not very apologetic and a bit smug.

"I wouldn't mind a little peep show. What about you, beautiful?" Dom winked at Quinta.

She let out another giggle and looked toward the red faced Duane, "I've never minded them before."

"There you go." Frank pulled Duane against his chest, hands sliding down his back to his butt, giving it a hard squeeze, "What do you say, Duane?"

Duane's face was almost tomato red at this point as he pushed away from his mate, smacking him playfully on the chest over and over, "You stop! This is why I told you to keep your hands off the green, you get randy as fuck." He turned to us slightly out of breath, "And you two!" He pointed between Dom and Quinta, "You don't go around encouraging him. He's bad enough on his own."

Frank laughed, leaning over and placing a quick kiss on Duane's cheek, " You can play shy all you like but I know how rowdy you can get." He gave a teasing growl, spanking him on his ass as he pushed the door the rest of the way open.

Duane shot him a scowl as he rubbed his butt, "Come on in everyone, food's already on the grill." The two them moved back into the house together, not needing to extend anymore invitations. Dom stepped up first to enter but stopped when he remembered Quinta was with us. He spun around with a smile, "After you, beautiful. It's ladies first like my mother taught me."

Quinta gave him a sweet smile as she stepped up, making sure she brushed against him as she passed by. A trick of her trade, tease and please. Dom watched her as she walked away, eyes glued to the movements of her body. I rolled my eyes and stepped up to enter the house only to have him hold out his arm and block me from entering. He slowly turned his face toward me, "You know how it goes, Em. Ladies, men, then the mongrels." I gave him a narrowed eyed gaze as he walked away into the house, laughing at his own stupid joke.

The smell of barbeque was heavy in the air and I inhaled deeply, Duane's cooking might have been just what I needed to make the trip worthwhile. I could see Quinta inhaling like I did, a look of bliss on her face at the scent.

Duane moved into step beside me. "I'm really happy you decided to come today, Sutton." He gave me a friendly smile that I returned. "It's not very often one makes friends here. It's harder for Frank and I sometimes, with us being together and all that." His friendly smile turned almost sad and I bumped his shoulder, not liking the look on his face.

"You said you don't question mates." It was what he had drilled into me. There was one person for you out in the world and you didn't question who they were, you simply accepted it.

"You don't but ignorance causes hate. People like us are rare. It doesn't happen often and so when people don't understand, they hate instead." He shrugged before he looked at Frank. "He loves me, he truly does but there was a time when he had walked away from me because I was a man." The thought made me almost stumble. Frank absolutely worshiped Duane, it was apparent in everything that he did.

"What? He adores you." It was hard to believe that there had been a time that he hadn't loved Duane. Their love and relationship seemed so easy and carefree.

"Now but back then it was different." He let out a small sigh. "Help me out with the barbeque?" He looked at me and I nodded, wanting to hear more about what the hell happened.

"Frankie, I'm going outside."

"Okay, lover." Frank winked at Duane and I watched as his face went bright red before he ushered me outside muttering under his breath. The scent of the barbeque was thick and I inhaled deeply.